Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

RealConnect, Polycom Group 500 Series, hybrid registration (SIP to SfB, H323 to Teams via RealConnect).  Everything seems to be working, and we have added the CsVideoInteropServiceProviderp policy in O365 so that RealConnect info and CVI are appended to a Teams invitation.

My question is - what happens when you receive a Teams invite from an outside party?  I can forward that to a conference room (so that a group of ppl can use video), but no RealConnect/CVI is generated in that case, and so the 500 series doesn't know how to connect.

Is there a method around this?  Or am I mistaken in my understanding? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Spoke to a Poly sales/engineer.  It appears that I am correct, in that a CVI is generated only on mtg-creation (depending on your configured O365 CSVideoInteropProvider), and that there is not a way to create a new CVI on forwarding-invitations or to associate a new CVI with an existing (teams) Conf. ID.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Spoke to a Poly sales/engineer.  It appears that I am correct, in that a CVI is generated only on mtg-creation (depending on your configured O365 CSVideoInteropProvider), and that there is not a way to create a new CVI on forwarding-invitations or to associate a new CVI with an existing (teams) Conf. ID.  

HP Recommended

In order for CVI join details to appear in a meeting invitation the user creating the meeting must be enabled for the service, meaning the tenant that user belongs to is a customer of the service.

For example my company uses the RealConnect Service and my user account is enabled, thus Teams meetings I create will include the VTC join details.  Anyone I send that invite to can join my meeting from a VTC as long as it can communicate with the RealConnect Service in Microsoft Azure.

But if I receive a Teams meeting invite from someone outside my company and they are not a RealConnect Service customer (nor do they use any of the other CVI solutions) then their meeting invite will not include and VTC information.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.