Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We recently implemented RealConnect for Teams, it works fine internally and today I was going to test joining an external Teams meeting (created by another company) using one of the Polycom Trio 8800 devices we have setup with RealConnect for Teams but when trying to join using just the VTC Conference ID on the meeting invite I get invalid conference ID. I assume that given that we already have the Polycom line registered with Teams and are able to logon to the Teams environment where it asks us for the Conference ID that we would simply need to use the VTC ID not the full tenantID@sample.com address as that is most likely for vtc devices that are not joined to teams?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi PN

Are you aware, that RealConnect works only for your Microsoft365 tenant and only for your meetings? You cannot use RC for joining meetings created by other companies if they don't have their own RC.

HP Recommended

Hi LKVer,

Thanks for replying.

The other company sent a Teams invite which includes a VTC Conference ID so I assumed we could join?

So does that mean that we can always join external Teams meetings with 432432432@example.com address but can only join using VTC Conference IDs if the other party also uses RC?

Can it be that they are using another Interop Service Provider that also creates VTC Conference IDs but because it's not RC I can't join just by using the VTC Conference ID?

HP Recommended

I would add to the mix that the other company has to have sufficient licenses to allow your Trio to join the meeting using their interop service.  Not only that - but I wonder if you would need a additional profile on your Trio to accommodate this interop service.  You didn't say which interop service it is - but there aren't that many.  

• RC
  • Pexip
  • Bluejeans

Any others?  And then there are H323 gateways for things like Zoom.

HP Recommended

Hi Adam, thanks for your reply.

:Confused: 😄

They are using Pexip

So atm I have 2 lines configured on my trio 8800 with visual + running on latest software 5.9.4.7038

Line 1- PBX Phone calls (3cx)

Line 2- RealConnect Teams (on 60 day trial)

So perhaps rather than using the VTC Conference IDs present in external invites I should have a way of joining any external interop and H323 using the SIP uri instead or something else, I would like my users to be able to join any external calls using the poly.

What would you recommend?

HP Recommended

One possibility - and it's not optimal - would be to figure out a way to get into a Pexip Lobby - if there is such a thing - and then see if there's an opportunity to manually enter the meeting number.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.