Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

As we are trying to promote the use of Microsoft Teams in our organization - and adding Real Connect to our Group Series - a few of our users are annoyed with the shifting of focus during a call to the person who is speaking.  This is as designed with Teams and most Video systems (Zoom, etc).  However, many systems also allow you to "pin" a window so that it stays up regardless of whether that caller, or room, is talking.

In Teams - this is done as described here:  https://support.office.com/en-us/article/adjust-your-view-in-a-teams-meeting-9825091c-0e7d-4c2b-95f5...

How do we do this with a Group Series 300/310/500 during a multi-tenant Teams Call via Real Connect?  I know there are screen options that appear, but only during a call.  But I'm not sure if that solves the problem. 

Of course, I searched the community and KB ahead of time to see if this had been discussed before.  So far, I haven't seen an answer.

Thanks for your thoughts. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Adam_in_DC ,

You cannot pair a Trio in native Teams mode with anything.

All 3rd Party vendors hand's are tied when it comes to what we can do and what our client/software/hardware could do.

This is not based on any CPU power or anything rather than what Microsoft plans to allow.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Adam_in_DC 

I checked with our guru @jschertz and the response is:

• No, the layout is provided automatically by the MCUs in the RealConnect Service. Pinning participants is only possible in native Teams clients.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

@jschertz is indeed the guru!  Lol - I just posted the same question on his blog. 

Any creative ideas or combo of systems that might achieve this?  Like - pairing a Trio in native Teams mode with a Group Series - and that somehow the native Teams mode gives you the pinning?  I doubt it, but just grasping at straws. 

The challenge with the desktop version of Teams being "better" than a non-desktop version of Teams is that I am against running meetings in a big room off of a laptop with a soft codec.  The Group Series outperforms a laptop everytime IMHO.  But - you can't always get everything you want.  Thanks for checking Steffen. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Adam_in_DC ,

You cannot pair a Trio in native Teams mode with anything.

All 3rd Party vendors hand's are tied when it comes to what we can do and what our client/software/hardware could do.

This is not based on any CPU power or anything rather than what Microsoft plans to allow.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

When we do a RealConnect call and I need ONE video endpoint to be the primary focus in the RMX side of the connection, I manage the conference from the RMX by right clicking on it and selecting properties, video settings and I manually select the video system that I want to be the focus as the Lecturer (you can find out more about this in the RMX Operations Guide)

Then on Skype, I lock the video spotlight on the cascade. So that way, the RMX will ONLY send the lecturer to Skype and then you lock the spotlight in Skype on the cascde participant.

Obviously, this is only done for high touch white glove meetings.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.  In our case, we do not have RealPresence Collaboration Server.  And we're using Teams rather than SFB.  So - unfortunately, none of this applies to me as far as I can tell. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.