Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello

Quick question. We've got Polycom RealPresense Group Series that's been running Skype for Business Online up till now. We're trying to get RealConnect to work on it. Is it ok to use the existing resource mailbox which is actually synching from on-prem to O365 and also has an old disabled AD account tied to it as part of the resource mailbox setup many years back when it was first created? I would rather use the existing resource mailbox if I can due to the old calendar items, instead of using a new one in O365. Btw, I have it working on the Polycom, the join button shows and everything is good, but just want to get an experts opinion incase using an existing on-prem resource mailbox synching to O365 is not allowed.

Thanks,

-Lokender

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The mailbox is already in O365, it's being synched from on-prem to O365. Anyway, i've noticed no issues with using the mailbox that is being synced from on-prem to O365 so I will continue to use that. Thanks for the reply!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Not sure I understand the whole question - but it seems to be "should I use the on prem mailbox with the rich history or the new, empty 365 mailbox?"

I would say to migrate the resource mailbox from on prem to 365 - but Microsoft may have cancelled that feature.  But - perhaps you could assign yourself rights to both mailboxes and manually copy and paste all of the meetings from one to the other?  Then you'd have the history ported over to the new one - while ultimately ditching the old on-prem mailbox.

Probably harder than it sounds.  Hope this helped.  

HP Recommended

The mailbox is already in O365, it's being synched from on-prem to O365. Anyway, i've noticed no issues with using the mailbox that is being synced from on-prem to O365 so I will continue to use that. Thanks for the reply!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.