Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

SfB Online will be stopped by Microsoft 31-07-21 - will it impact Real Connect?

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

SfB Online will be stopped by Microsoft 31-07-21 - will it impact Real Connect?

Will Real Connect - MS Teams solution available after Skype for Business Online solution stopping by Microsoft 31-07-2021?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Re: SfB Online will be stopped by Microsoft 31-07-21 - will it impact Real Connect?

Hi Alexander:

I'm an end-user, so I can't speak for Polycom.  But I feel confident in saying that there is minimal-to-no impact on Real Connect with the end-of-life for Skype for Business online.

Real Connect is an interop service similar to Pexip and Bluejeans.  It will continue to be the primary way I connect my Polycom Room System endpoints to Microsoft Teams.  

Note that while SfB Online will end, SfB Server for on-prem will continue to exist - for those orgs who have invested in that version of SfB.  

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee

Re: SfB Online will be stopped by Microsoft 31-07-21 - will it impact Real Connect?

Yes, once Skype for Business Online has been deprecated and users are no longer able to sign-in with Skype for Business clients and schedule/host meetings then the RealConnect Service will also cease to be applicable to Skype for Business Online.

The RealConnect Service will continue to operate past that point just as it does today with Skype for Business Server deployments as well as Microsoft Teams.

This also means that an on-premises deployments of RealConnect for Clariti will no longer function with Skype for Business Online (it will still work fine with SfB Server obviously).

-----------
Jeff Schertz - Principal Microsoft Solutions Architect [Blog]

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Message 3 of 3