Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Will Real Connect - MS Teams solution available after Skype for Business Online solution stopping by Microsoft 31-07-2021?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Alexander:

I'm an end-user, so I can't speak for Polycom.  But I feel confident in saying that there is minimal-to-no impact on Real Connect with the end-of-life for Skype for Business online.

Real Connect is an interop service similar to Pexip and Bluejeans.  It will continue to be the primary way I connect my Polycom Room System endpoints to Microsoft Teams.  

Note that while SfB Online will end, SfB Server for on-prem will continue to exist - for those orgs who have invested in that version of SfB.  

HP Recommended

Yes, once Skype for Business Online has been deprecated and users are no longer able to sign-in with Skype for Business clients and schedule/host meetings then the RealConnect Service will also cease to be applicable to Skype for Business Online.

The RealConnect Service will continue to operate past that point just as it does today with Skype for Business Server deployments as well as Microsoft Teams.

This also means that an on-premises deployments of RealConnect for Clariti will no longer function with Skype for Business Online (it will still work fine with SfB Server obviously).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.