Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Stupid question

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Stupid question

Hi there,

I have a (potentially) stupid question. After (hopefully) configuring the RealConnect service correctly, I now see that in my Teams meeting invites there is a link like so: xxxxxxx@t.plcm.vc

My question is: what do I do with this? I don't know how to access the RealConnect service after it's configured and I haven't found any documentation/demos detailing what to do with this.

Thanks,

cmoney

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Stupid question

Hello @cmoney ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Not knowing what kind of Poly device you are using we can only suggest to you that if it has a calendar enabled the new part of an Invite would be dialled by the device to get into the RealConnect service.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Hi Steffen,

I've got a Polycom Trio 8800. Which device would I use to dial the number though? The Trio does not seem to have a dialpad when I upgrade it to the Teams software versions.

cmoney

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @cmoney ,

The RealConnect service is to be used in either Skype for Business or openSIP mode.

In Teams mode you can only use the facilities Microsoft offers.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

This is immensely helpful actually. I haven't that information anywhere and it's kind of counterintuitive to not be able to use Teams mode but I guess that has something to do with Microsoft.

So with the Trio in SfB mode, if I put the dial string in to the keypad, what will then happen? Does this enable me to use our Visual+? I guess what I'm asking is after I put the dial string in, how can I get the video conference to show up on our conference room TV?

Thanks,

cmoney

Message 5 of 5