Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Trio 8800 with RealConnect - Teams users cannot share content with Meeting Room

Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Re: Trio 8800 with RealConnect - Teams users cannot share content with Meeting Room

Have you explicitly added the room device to the otd cloud configuration? Just wondering if the otd knows the Trio is there.
Message 11 of 19
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Trio 8800 with RealConnect - Teams users cannot share content with Meeting Room

Thanks Adam. 

My understanding is the Trio's dont need to be signs up to Poly OTD cloud service as the logic resides on the device. 

Message 12 of 19
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

I just logged into my otd portal and clicked on the add device button.  Trio is definitely a choice.  If OTD doesn't know how to talk to your Trio - I'm not sure how meeting requests will be properly routed into RealConnect/Teams.  That's probably why you are still getting the SFB entries. 

Take a look at the jpg I'm posting with this reply. 

Highlighted
Advisor

Thanks, 

Looking at the very helpful blogs from Jeff Schertz, the Trio shoulld be able to handle the OTD logic locally in the 'Hybrid' configuration of Skype for Business and RealConnect/Teams. 

http://blog.schertz.name/2019/08/poly-trio-with-microsoft-teams/#comment-457230

Message 14 of 19
Highlighted
Advisor

It looks like a couple of settings are not being stored correctly on the web import. If I perform an import then export of the recommended settings, the following are not returned in the export:

exchange.meeting.realConnectProcessing.skype.enabled="0"
exchange.meeting.realConnectProcessing.outboundRegistration="2"

Is that because both settings are at their default values?

Default values taken form here:

https://documents.polycom.com/bundle/ucs-sfb-dg-5-9-0/page/r-ucs-ag-microsoft-exchange-parameters.ht...

Message 15 of 19
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @dwdwdw,

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up posts.

Jan 14, 2015 Question: Finding the default values for configuration parameters for Polycom Phones?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The official next steps have been outlined already.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 16 of 19
Highlighted
Advisor

Thanks Steffen, not quite sure what was what I was asking. I was asking if the reason the values are not returned in the export is because they are the defaut values? 

If its due to another reason that may suggest the two missing values in the export are maybe not being written on the import, which is possibly causing my problem. 

Message 17 of 19
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hi @dwdwdw 

we do not backup default values. This will be my last comment as this should come into support.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 18 of 19
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Hi dwdwdw

Did you manage to solve this issue?

I had the same issue, but fixed it: you probably need to change your calendar processing, so that the body of the invite is also in the meeting room.

Set-CalendarProcessing -Identity meetingroom@x.com -AutomateProcessing AutoAccept -AddOrganizerToSubject $true -AllowConflicts $false -DeleteComments $false -DeleteSubject $true -RemovePrivateProperty $false

The important parameter is the "Deletecomments". If that is set to $true, it will delete the body of your meeting (including the RC details). Do note, If set to $false, the body will be visible for everybody.

But this solved it for me, OTD works after that.

Message 19 of 19