Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

It's difficult to determine where to post this, so I'll start with there:

Trio 8800

UC Software Version5.9.2.7727

RealConnect Meeting.

There is no malfunction occurring.  Trio joins the Teams meeting fine via RealConnect.

However, the name of the room is "Huddle Room 2" and room joined the meeting as "HR2"

I had a mini-freakout in that I thought someone unauthorized had joined the meeting (and I was the one who setup the room along with our AV vendor).  It didn't occur to me that something had shortened a meeting room name into an abbreviation.  

I would like to change that display name from HR2 to the actual name of the room.  However, I'm unsure where to do that.  I can't find HR2 in any of the settings associated with the account.  

Is it in Active Directory / Office 365?

Is it in the Trio itself?

Is it somewhere in RealConnect?

Appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @ 

I think this in inherited from AD. The initials in Office 365 are based on display name, it takes the first character of your First Name and Last Name. 

As far as I can admit, you can´t change it ->

https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/264636-general/suggestions/11423769-change-the-way-of-initial...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @ 

I think this in inherited from AD. The initials in Office 365 are based on display name, it takes the first character of your First Name and Last Name. 

As far as I can admit, you can´t change it ->

https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/264636-general/suggestions/11423769-change-the-way-of-initial...

HP Recommended

Thanks for the explanation.  While I prefer Teams over Zoom, when I was testing out Zoom Rooms, I was pleased that I could display the entire name of the room and assumed that I could do the same in Teams / RealConnect.  Perhaps in the future...

HP Recommended

As stated, you cannot change it but the AD admins can. In my environment, I had an additional Active Directory attribute field created for the conference rooms and use that field to specify the name of the system, then, on RPRM, when provisioning, I tell it to look at the custom field for system naming

HP Recommended

Alas - while I have access to AD, we are not a RPRM shop. 

HP Recommended

Bummer..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.