Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

we've had a working config with CMA/VBP-ST for several years.  This morning it has been brought to my attention that the Realpresence mobile on Ipad no longer did connect.  Happens with all user accounts.

I verified the config which is allright.  Problem happens when connecting internal (through CMA) as external (through VBP-ST).

After some testing i noticed that we're dealing with a newer app version (you now can skip signin and register to the gatekeeper manually). 

We've always registered automatically using the dns _cmaconfig parameter.  But this no longer seems to work, altough nothing has changed.  I always get invalid username or password.  When specifying an internal gatekeeper, H323 name and extension manually i can register and perform normal calls.

So the obvious question is ... what's wrong?  The _cmaconfig parameter is there.  Pointing to the correct dns entry which resolves perfectly.  Firewall logs show no blocked or rejected packets.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

To add...  I can login perfectly using the CMA desktop client.  So the problem appears to be with related to the _cmaconfig parameter?

Update : i can login and make calls using a CMA local user account.  In other words, the problem is related to when logging in using an AD account.

HP Recommended

Is there a chance that you have lost connection to AD ?    Check the password on CMA intergration with AD and reintegrate and see if that helps ?

Make sure you do this with your AD people involved because you may need to get the password reset.

Cheers,

Gary M

HP Recommended

Hello Peter,

Can you just clarify if no application from Polycom aka CMAD or RPD / RPM can login using AD credentials ?

If yes did you or your IT team by any chance install the KB3002657 Microsoft patch ?

If yes could you please work with your Polycom reseller and contact Polycom support for a workaround until we release a new Software Update and quote SSGE-5768

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

CMAD and RPD work.  Only Ipad app does not work.  In other words, this is not really and AD issue between the CMA and AD.

We do not install patches on the CMA.  So the build on there is a 100% Polycom one.  No KB3002657 installed.

HP Recommended

Hello, we are having the same problem. RP-Mobile users get an "invalid username or password" error, but internal RP-Desktop users connect without trouble. Also, RP-Mobile users can connect with an account built on Resource Manager. The problem seems limited to RP-Mobile users using their network credentials.

We confirmed that the MS patch listed is on our domain controllers. I contacted our reseller for help.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue on Android version.

CMA server is saying in the cma audit log the login fail.

THe cma is referring to a AD on a 2012 server and has the KB installed but the CMA desktop software allows the user to log on fine.

Any ideas?

HP Recommended

Hello Duke,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As already mentioned to the prior poster please work with your Polycom reseller and contact Polycom support and quote SSGE-5768.

We require the logs of the setup when you reproduce the issue.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Ha!  Sorry for laughing.  I have been trying to get Telstra who is my polycom reseller \ provider to talk to polycom for support and they (Telstra) are refusing saying that if it works with CMA desktop it has nothing to do with CMA and AD authentication is fine.

It's really frustrating we pay for support and not getting it. Its been almost 5 days now asking for support and keep getting the run around.

HP Recommended

Hello Duke,

Can you send me a PM via the Community with your contact details and the serial number for the CMA so I can take this up internally ?

Our Support teams need to troublshoot this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.