Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Guys.

Great app, but I've found a couple of bugs (version 1.0.2-11459_2875 and the previous version too):

When the client is unregistered from CMA (eg: making direct H.323 calls), dialling any IP address that contains a zero in any octet causes tha call not to dial and "Invalid IP Address" to be displayed. For example:

10.0.0.1 - Invalid IP Address

203.0.1.2 - Invalid IP Address

10.1.0.4 - Invalid IP Address

10.1.1.4 - Dials normally

Also, when making a connection to any FQDN, the address does not resolve eg: calls to video.mycompay.com return Invalid IP Address, but calls direct to the IP Address (as long as it has no zeros in it) connect fine.

Cheers,

Ben

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi Ben, Call will not be resolved by Realpresence. They are resolved throught the gatekeeper, so you'll have to have a gatekeeper set up to resolve them. Also, I don't seem to have the problem with zeros, I've just tried a call to 192.168.0.5 and it works correctly.  Is there anything between you and you destination?

HP Recommended

Hi Guys!

Same problem with Polycom RealPresence Mobile 1.0.2-11459_2875.

I got messages "Invalid IP address" while dialing IP addresses containing zeros(direct call with/without  routers, firewalls, etc...). At same time, client dials normally to destination without zeros in IP address octets (through router and firewall).

Best regards,

Vitaly

HP Recommended

Has anyone figure out what the solution to this problem is?

HP Recommended
Hi Marcux,

I just tried 192.168.0.5 and it failed. Are you sure your client is unregistered?

Cheers,

Ben
HP Recommended

Im having the same problem, I have codecs that are all independent endpoints (i.e. no gatekeeper). I can dial to 10.64.8.10, 10.65.8.10, 10.66.8.10 and 10.67.8.10 just fine. But if I try to dial 10.0.40.10, or 10.0.40.11, the app tells me "Invalid IP address".

And just FYI, I can dial from the codec to the app just fine, just not from app to codec.

Polycom, PLEASE FIX!

Tech:

iPad 2 16gb WiFi only, iOS 5.0.1

App version: 1.0.2-11459_2875

Codec VSX 8000 and HDX 9001

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.