Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Greetings,

The app registers with CMA on our internal network and I can connect to my HDX's, CMADs and RMX.  However when I try to come in from the outside through my Border Proxy (same as my CMAD endpoints on the outside) the app will not register with CMA and calls to my endpoints will ring but will not connect.

Any ideas?

Thanks

MarkJ

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Are you logged into CMAD using the same credentials that you are using for RealPresence Mobile?

HP Recommended

Yes  but my other CMADs that I use (work and home) aren't registered at the time.

HP Recommended

I created a new 'ipadtest' user and have the same results -

oops I beg your pardon, It registers with CMA but not the gatekeeper (which is my CMA). 

I have tried both leaving the gatekeeper fields blank and entering the CMA's ip address as the gatekeeper in the app but it makes no difference.

HP Recommended

If you are outside the firewall and are not using VPN then you will need to enter the IP address of the VBP ST. Once the VBP receives your request it will proxy into the CMA for authentication and provisioning. 

MobileGuy

HP Recommended
I'm pointing the RealPresence mobile client to the external address of my VBP to try and register the client to the CMA, to no avail. Is there a setting I'm missing on the VBP to ensure that registration successfully occurs.

I can conduct external video conferences via the CMA onto my RMXs fine, but I'm unable to register one of these clients to the CMA.
HP Recommended

who to call for help in setting up my ipad2 polycom app;  am totally helpless;  please advise;  thx

HP Recommended

In what manner do you need to set help setting it up? Is it not connecting correctly to another h323 client?

HP Recommended

Hi, not sure if this applies to the new Ipad "real presence" client, but I know for sure that the CMA-D MAC client would not work via the VBP-ST because it was not H.460 compatible. Ipad, mac, same sort of thing....

HP Recommended

Contrary to my last statement, i have just tried to register the iPad via the VBP-ST and it works fine and makes video calls, the only thing that seems to not work is using the FQDN of the VBP-ST, but entering the IP address it works fine. And yes, the iPad can resolve the DNS name.

Any comment from Polycom on this? is it a bug?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.