Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, i have some question.

We made a conference call between HDX, Realpresence Mobile under Android and iPad.

When HDX sending content, Realpresence under Android can see the content but not on the iPad.

Both of Realpresence mobile is not under provisioning mode.

Please advise, what is possibility causing this issue.

My understanding, content will not work both on iPad and Android if not running on provisioning mode

But why Android can see the content that was sending by HDX

Ilham

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Actually, in order for RealPresence Mobile to send or receive content over a seperate content channel, it does need to be in professional mode. But it can receive a stream that contains content if it is sent over the normal video channel (instead of video from the camera).  

In more technical terms, RealPresence Mobile only supports H.239 and/or BFCP based content streams when it is in professsional mode.  H.239 and BFCP based content provide a way for an endpoint to receive the regular video (from the camera) and also receive a stream containing the content at the same time.  Polycom sometimes calls this People+Content.  RealPresence Mobile does not support these protocols and the extra stream associated with them when it is in basic mode.

I am going to assume that in Ilham's scenario, the HDX is sending the content over the "people" channel.

If both the Android client and the iOS client are in basic mode, but only the Android is seeing the content, then we should look at what else might be different between the two.

1. Here are some questions I can think of right now:
  2. Are both RPM clients on the same wifi network?
  3. If you are using 3g/4g mobile networks, do both devices have the same service provider?
  4. Is HDX using its multipoint capability?
  5. If so, does it seem to matter which is in the call with the HDX first?
  6. What about in point-to-point calls with just one RPM and the HDX?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
You should be able to see the content also on your Ipad.
Management mode is only needed if you want to send content FROM your Ipad to another endpoint.
HP Recommended

Actually, in order for RealPresence Mobile to send or receive content over a seperate content channel, it does need to be in professional mode. But it can receive a stream that contains content if it is sent over the normal video channel (instead of video from the camera).  

In more technical terms, RealPresence Mobile only supports H.239 and/or BFCP based content streams when it is in professsional mode.  H.239 and BFCP based content provide a way for an endpoint to receive the regular video (from the camera) and also receive a stream containing the content at the same time.  Polycom sometimes calls this People+Content.  RealPresence Mobile does not support these protocols and the extra stream associated with them when it is in basic mode.

I am going to assume that in Ilham's scenario, the HDX is sending the content over the "people" channel.

If both the Android client and the iOS client are in basic mode, but only the Android is seeing the content, then we should look at what else might be different between the two.

1. Here are some questions I can think of right now:
  2. Are both RPM clients on the same wifi network?
  3. If you are using 3g/4g mobile networks, do both devices have the same service provider?
  4. Is HDX using its multipoint capability?
  5. If so, does it seem to matter which is in the call with the HDX first?
  6. What about in point-to-point calls with just one RPM and the HDX?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.