Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Deactivating RealPresence license?

Occasional Contributor

Deactivating RealPresence license?

Hi,

I have purchased a brand new license of RealPresence Desktop (NOT for iPAD or Android), and I need to install it on one of the laptops for testing purpose. 

I have done this before and 30-day trial period passed. I don't have any more laptop for testing, so my question is:

Is it possible to deactivate the license after some tests?

It is just for testing, and I don't want to lose a license.

How does it work? Does it allow another installation and activation after 30 days or so, without deactivating?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Deactivating RealPresence license?

Hello Stingray,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Once the license is activated you cannot use it on any other PC.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Occasional Contributor

Steffen,

Thank you for your reply.

Too bad there is no way to transfer a license to another PC.

Message 3 of 5
Occasional Visitor

What if my hard drive fails?

Message 4 of 5
Occasional Visitor

It is really unclear wether these licences can be reused or not, support says something in a post and something different in another.

I will just phase out this product in favor of skype. Small monthly fee, no hassle, install anywhere.

Message 5 of 5