Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
With the latest release of the Real Presence Mobile on an iPad 2 the dialing entry field has been shortened so that if you dial xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx##xxxxxxxxxx the first characters in the dialing string get truncated and then the application fails to connect to the endpoint because the IP address has been changed. This worked correctly in previous versions of the app. The dialing string is in the format ipaddress##e164 I'm able to dial into my RMX meeting room with no problems with xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx##xxxxxxx which is just a shorter dialing string because the e164 address is not as long. All of our e164 addresses are 10 characters long. Can this be fixed or do I have to change every e164 address on every endpoint to be shorter? Lyle
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Lyle,  This is a known issue that is currently being addressed to be resolved in a near future release.

We have a workaround.  The entire dial string can be entered from the iPad keyboard (next to the Call button) on the dial pad.

Also once connected and hung up this same  number can be redialed from the recent call list.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Lyle, I just did some testing and found that you are correct. A wireshark trace shows the first two octets of the IP address get cut off.  The older RPM works.

I would ask that you call Polycom Support and open a trouble ticket so we can track this.

Please find the Polycom Support center closest to you at this link:

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/Contact_Us.html

HP Recommended

Hi Lyle,  This is a known issue that is currently being addressed to be resolved in a near future release.

We have a workaround.  The entire dial string can be entered from the iPad keyboard (next to the Call button) on the dial pad.

Also once connected and hung up this same  number can be redialed from the recent call list.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.