Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a Polycom infraestructure with a CMA 4000 and RMX 1000.

The endpoints are PC with Windows XP, Ipad's and galaxy tab's 10.1

When i do a video conferencia between Win XP and Ipad or Ipad and galaxy works ok, but between galaxy tab and windows xp doesn't works ok. The win xp doesn't show the video from the Galaxy (the galaxy show the video from win xp without problem).

When i try with the RMX everything works ok.

The CMA and RMX are in the same VLAN, the endpoint are in diferent's vlans. I don't have a firewall or anyone device who filter the traffic.

I will appreciate any help.

Alfredo.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Typically the lack of video in a point to point call is the result of a non-routable IP address from the tablet.  The tablet is displaying an internal IP address where a NAT IP address may be required for the return trip. 

When registered to a CMA the routing is controlled by the gatekeeper in the CMA.

However re-reading the problem statement there may be a Windows firewall blocking the video.

What video application are you running on the XP system?

I just did some testing with a Motorola tablet and my iPad to CMAD on my Win7 and cannot reproduce the issue.  However CMAD is supported on XP so it should work.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem, and it is not an IP or firewall issue.  Apparently there is no fix for this issue as I have been asking the same questions for awhile now. 

I just straight directly connecting to a VSX7000, Mirial Softphone, and then thru the MGC50+ Bridge to both units, and none recieve video from my Galaxy Tab.  I can use the IPAD2 with Polycom software and it connects and works fine. 

So why does it not do this?  And why is there not a fix?

HP Recommended

Hello TravTag,

we got uncounted installations all over the world where this works and in nearly all cases where users report one way video or no video some Network issue is causing this. Simply do a wireshark trace on the AP port leading to your network and get your IT Team to analyze the traffic.

Our support team cannot provide a fix for issues caused in the customers network.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Couple of points to be made here that may be able to clear up some confusion.

VSX point to point Samsung Galaxy 10.1 = One way video will be seen.  Click Answer

As far as some other issues in this thread with one way video.  Each call needs to be troubleshot individually with as much detail as possible. 

1-CMAD point to point to Galaxy 10.1 = Works with the correct setup.  I can get this working at my desk with windows 7 or XP/SP3, CMAD 5.2.2 and a Logitech QuickCam Pro.  It would come down to call speed, PC and Camera types.  When you make the call does the call establish at H.264 video in both directions?  If not what are the details on the PC as far as make, model, cpu, web cam and driver being used?

2-VSX7000, Mirial Softphone, and then thru the MGC50+ Bridge to both units, and none recieve video from my Galaxy Tab - The MGC wasnot tested with the Polycom RealPresence Mobile products.  Please refer to the Polycom RealPresence Mobile v1.3.1 Release notes for what was tested and supported.  For additional reference please see the RPM Deplyment guide

With the above point #2 being said I have done some testing locally and have been able to join a Galaxy 10.1 to a MGC25 meeting room but I had to force the room to H.264 and even then video was very spotty if there was video at all.  I beleive this has to do with umung other things the VSX bullet above with the video codec being used on the Samsung.  As for the iPad, the MGC does not show in the list of tested nor supported devices in either of the above documents of the Deplyment Guide and Release notes either. 

I hope this helps. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.