Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) has been officially rolled out.  After updating my Xoom I noticed that the Polycom app would force close when opening.  I deleted the stored data and cache and restarted the app.  From there it stated I was on an unsupported version.  I uninstalled and tried to re-install from the market, but I didn't see it.  So my question is, when will RPM be supported in ICS on the Xoom?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Google pushed this update out to the Xoom Wifi only and there is a compatibility issue with Android 4.0 (ICS) and the RealPresence Mobile Application.  Polycom is working on a fix and this should be available soon.  We have no ability to test or even know about these updates before they happen as they are done from Google.  Sorry for this inconvenience. 

HP Recommended

Not a huge deal, not mission critical for us, we havent deployed tablets yet.  I didnt know if it was an actual issue with the way ICS handles video now or if it was just a version check falure that could be updated easily.  Should I leave this open until the fix is out?

HP Recommended

Lets leave this open.  Once a fix is pushed out I will reply for all.

Thanks for opening this up as I was actually just about to post an FYI about this! 

HP Recommended

Please check the Droid Market place as RPM (RealPresence Mobile) version 1.0.4 is now available for download.  This build contains support for Android 4.0.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info! The patched version does launch on my Xoom that is on ICS. I can even connect to some of the blades on one of our MSE 8000s now, although the best I can get is 320x240 and sometimes I take errors, see freezing and tiling, etc. But at least I can run the app on the OS and connect with CIF video in both directions on one MCU some of the time. That is progress! Mirial Desktop, PVX, and M100 all run error-free over the same connection, so I know the issues aren't network problems, at least not network problems that impact those codecs. Our network admin tells me the firewall ports are wide open for the range of ports I'm using, so the lack of NAT support wouldn't be expected to be an issue. Generally, if an endpoint can be connected in any stable fashion, a Cisco/Codian MCU will be able to make that happen - it in my experience.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.