Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Running a P7510 w/ ICS.  Google play tells me that RealPresence is not compatible - please advise.

Screen shots attached.

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hello jzerden,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As explained => here <=:

NOTE: Please be aware that Google Play may restrict certain geographical locations or hardware platforms

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Im sorry - I dont understand.  The link shown in your reply suggests that 2.1 was released on 1/4/12.  What does this have to do with my question?

HP Recommended

Hello,

as mentioned in the Link I posted and also copied into the post , Google sometimes restricts the devices even if they are listed as compatible.

The release notes show:

Galaxy Tab 10.1”
GT-P7510/GT-P7500 tablet
(Tegra 2-based)

So in theory it should be compatible.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I am in the US.  Can you guys contact Google to update the settings?  My understanding is that the app publisher controls which devices/locales are available for app download 

HP Recommended

Any update? 

HP Recommended

Your information above has been sent over to the development team and I am awaiting a response.  According to your details and screenshots, I believe you are correct ,and should be able to download, install and use the application. 

As Stephen has stated the Google Play store does sometimes restrict devices when it should not.  I have a seperate note to the team that communicates with them for our app.

As a data point, I have confimed that a colleague has successfully been able to download/install/use the RPM Application with his Samsung Galaxy 10.1 device from the Google Play store.  His device does match all your same data points in regards to OS and Kernal versions. 

I will respond as soon as I get a reply for you. 

HP Recommended

Quick update.

We have confirmed that all 5 of the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 devices within Polycom that match your exact OS, Kernal and hardware data points all are working within here. 

Here are the details on my device which as you can see match yours.

GT-P7510
Android ver 4.0.4
Kernel ver 3.1.10 se.infra@sep-116 #2
Build # IMM76D.UELPL

I have also just reset my device to factory defaults and was able to search and download from the Google Play store upon reboot and setup. 

By any chance is your device "rooted"? 

HP Recommended

I appologize for the delay as I have been travelling.

We are still having the same issue - the polycom software is not available for download, for this device in the Google Play store (I am in the US.)  I have tried on 5 devices - all configured the same way -- no luck.

To that end - I have shot a video of the issue for your review: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qcj7qdn9tl9ect0/Polycom%20-%20Broadband.m4v

In addition - attached please find a screen shot of the about/OS configuration.  

I'd be happy to send out a unit or two - to Polycom if that would assist in your research.

JZ

HP Recommended

Any update?? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.