Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello jzerden,

we are in a planning stage where we will be able to provide a downloaded version without having to use the Google Play store.

Once this is uploaded I will post a notification in this community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Any update / eta?

HP Recommended

Hello jzerden,

I have looked at your video (thanks for posting) and it appears there is something going on with the registration of the devices when you access the Google Play Store.  I say that because when you search for the work "Polycom" your results from the store should show 14 or so Apps to choose from.  Not all the apps are Polycom, but they all have to do with Polycom and or a video type of application. 

I have done some Google searches and found that there appears to be some slight differences between the Samsung Galaxy tablets that are purchased in the US compared to the ones purchased in Canada.  Its not the hardware, but the version of Android OS that is loaded which seems to be limiting the Canadian devices somewhat.  For example I am seeing where in August of 2012 people were reporting that on the Canadian Galaxy tablets user could not see and download "Music" within the store.  I am not sure about now. 

I will forward your video and my findings noted above to our developers today and will report back with their findings. 

HP Recommended

Hello jzerden,

you can now download the apk file from => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks so much - the install worked.

Now I am having another issue - likely due to port forwarding or similar.

Use case:

- I have a galxy tab behind a netgear personal router - providing nat (no port forwarding configured) 

- Trying to connect to an HDX 6000 (no other intermediate hardware)

Post connection:

- Glaxaxy tab can see myself and see remote end 

- HDX6000 end - can only see self - not the user on the galaxy tab

thoughts on how to solve?

HP Recommended

Great on the install. 

As for your issue.  You are on the right page with the port forwarding. 

I would see if you can configure the netgear for port forwarding based upon the internal IP address given to the Galaxy tab.  Or create a rule for the IP address and use the port list within the release notes are your guide.

Release Notes are located here .  Page 29 - Inbound and Outbound ports.

HP Recommended

Got it.  Will play around with that tomorrow.

For our non-technical remote workers who would be incapable of setting up port forwarding - or maybe using a 4g wireless connection that is behind nat that we can't control - what is your recomendation on the best way to handle such a situation?  is there additional hardware to purchase?

HP Recommended

The recommendation for that is to install a video infrastructure to utilize the Professional Mode of the application.  To use professional features, you must register to a provisioning server (a Polygon Converged Management Application™ (CMA®) 4000/5000 or Polycom RealPresence Resource Manager). Professional features are available when connecting to the CMA 4000/5000 or Polycom RealPresence Resource Manager.

With the above installed a user can register and call seamless to others registered users within to your environment.  

If interested I would contact a local Polycom reseller or sales team for a demo.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.