Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Is there a way to initiate a call through the usage of a url, from an iOS or Android device?
In other words, is it possible to call a person (from an iOS or Android device) by simply activating a url containing the following data: polycom://(number) ?
I tried multiple some obvious url formats but none seam to work.

(old Topic Subject- How to adress  API (RealPresence Mobile) in Ios or Android ?)

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello bzelissen,

as far as I am aware in Basic Mode the RPM App only supports IP dialing.

In Professional mode E164, Alias or IP Address dialing are possible.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

We use RPM in combination with the CMA 6.x and the vbp-st. What we are trying to do is to open and automatic dial a number from a different app. So just like when you receive a mail with a link that opens the app (already having good login credentials ) and then automatically calls a number.

Is the question clearer?

HP Recommended

What we are looking for is called IOS URL scheme that polycom programs in to the realpresence mobile app.

https://developer.apple.com/library/IOs/#documentation/iPhone/Conceptual/iPhoneOSProgrammingGuide/Ad...

HP Recommended

I will forward your question to our Engineering team.  I have researched the data I have and could not find the answer for you.  Once I get a reply from them I will update this thread. 

HP Recommended

Just noticed I did not respond to this.  Sorry! 

I have heard back and the IOS URL scheme is currently not supported but we will look more into this for the future.  I will send you a PM to continue this conversation as my development team would like some more details from you on this. 

HP Recommended

Hello,

have you already added support of URL scheme for iOS app in the latest release(version 2.3)?

Best Regards

Sergei

HP Recommended

URL scheme dialing is still not supported with the 2.3. release and it is not on the feature set for the new software due out soon.  We are reaching out to some folks to see if they can help us with this for the future.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I would also be very interested in hearing of any developments along this line. We would like to open up our network to enable customers to use multiple video clients but it has been difficult finding the "Launch codes" for Realpresence on various devices (SIP:, callto: etc). Would I be right in saying this won't be possible at the moment?

We would like customers with iPads, Tablets and phones to all be able to place calls through our website using RealPresence.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Dan

HP Recommended

Any movement on this request. I have a real need for this now, ideally this week. I want to place a link in an email or on a website to allow a mobile user to connect to a meeting room.

I just read the 3.2.1 release notes and could not see anything in there.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.