Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Local Certificate verification failed error on Realpresence IPad App

Occasional Contributor

Local Certificate verification failed error on Realpresence IPad App

I get a "Local Certificate verification failed" error when trying to loging with the Polycom Realpresence App on an IPad as well as on a windows PC. I have a VBP-ST 5300 with Acess Proxy configured with a CMA 4000 as per the VBP configuration guide. This was working fine in the past now all of a sudden, we are getting the certificate error every time we try and authenticate. CMA Desktop clients are not longer able to authenticate to the VBP-ST either however, they do not give any certificate errors. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Polycom Employee

Re: Local Certificate verification failed error on Realpresence IPad App

Are you still able to log into the CMA? Once logged in do you still see all endpoint registered to it?

Message 2 of 19
Occasional Visitor

Did you ever get this resolved? I am running into the same problem.

Message 3 of 19
Occasional Visitor

We are having the same problem on Android Galaxy 5 and 6 phones. We have tried everything from reinstalling the software to rebooting the phones. We have a feeling it has something to do with our VBP boxes.

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Did this issue ever get resolved, i am experiencing a similar issue with RPD's and RPM's. I am trying to register external client with RPAD.

Funny thing is that HDX ,RPG's and other room endpoints are registering fine.

Message 5 of 19
Occasional Visitor

Greetings.  I have run into same error with some of the users trying to connect to our CMA 4000 server.  We are using RealPresence Desktop for Windows.

I have found the following errors in the log files:

2016-01-20 10:40:59,269 -0700 [INFO ][UI] -  [tid = 5] Cert file or password file not found!

2016-01-20 10:40:59,769 -0700 [DEBUG][UI] -  [tid = 5] Server side certificate verification status: A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider.

This is not affecting all users only some.

Any thoughts on how to fix this is appreciated.

Message 6 of 19
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello tnissen,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

Has anyone in this topic contacted their Polycom reseller yet and provided logs to Polycom support?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 7 of 19
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the reply Steffen,

Not sure what software you are requesting the version for so here is the applicable software involved:

CMA 4000: 6.2.7 ER1

Polycom RealPresence Desktop for Windows: ver 3.5

I have contacted our Polycom support partner and await a response for support from them at this time.

Thanks again, hopefully we can get to the bottom of this issue.

Message 8 of 19
Occasional Visitor

Just an FYI.  Not sure if this a fix or more of a workaround, but, I found that by uninstalling version 3.5 from both mac and windows, and installing version 3.4.1, the problem goes away.

I was able to successfully connect to our CMA with RealPresence version 3.4.1 for both Mac and Windows.  Cannot speak to the iOS issue as my iphone connects fine with version 3.4.1 that I downloaded from the App Store (yesterday, 01-21-2016)

Seems maybe some issue with 3.5 and possible changes to security policy or how it handles self-signed certs.

Hope that helps.

Message 9 of 19
Occasional Visitor

Re: Local Certificate verification failed error on PRD and PRM

Hi all,

I have run into same error with PRD and PRM ver 3.5 but PRD and PRM ver 3.4.1 is ok . Pls help me cause and solution fix this issue.

Thanks all,

Message 10 of 19