Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Our HDX 6000 is behind a cisco router with a static nat, and no firewalling, so it's  wide open to the internet. Our iPad is on 3G.

When we connect we get the following debug on the polycom:

2012-03-16 14:59:18 DEBUG avc: pc[0]: h323nat: localIP = "10.10.3.201", farIP = "10.138.162.179", both are non-routable but on different LANs.

The Mobile client is obviously being natted, this prevents communication with the polycom.

Whats the work around for this?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Register both to a gatekeeper and use an E.164 address.  The 3G will supply a non-routable IP to the iPad like WiFi does.  

HP Recommended

Can the mobile units use ST VBP ?  If so I would go with that.

The problem is that you are behind NAT. What I am not sure about is the 3G. Is it through some sort of a contract with the isp that you are on a local subnet on the ipad?  Usually I would think the ISP would be using local ip on nat. You should be seing that NAT.  Correct me if I am wrong.

http://cognitiveanomalies.com/cisco-nat-how-nat-works/

How is it getting a local ip?  My answer would be that there is natting going from the ipad on before you hit the 6000 unit. I can not see how else it could be. Unless you are on 3G on company local ip for the ipad. Is that possible? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.