Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I’m having a hard time trying to contact someone and tell them all the problems there is with the Polycom mobile app. I talked to someone on the phone today and they made it seem like they had no clue a Polycom mobile app was a thing. I know tons of people are having this problem and if you look at the reviews for Polycom mobile on the app store, you’ll see tons of recent bad reviews. I made an account just now so I can bring this to someone’s attention. Maybe the owner of Polycom? Whoever it is that can fix the Polycom mobile app so I can see myself when I video chat needs to know that the mobile app NEEDS to be fixed. Not only can I not see myself but the video chatting quality is horrible. It’s not clear and neither is the audio. Also, why hasn’t the mobile app been updated in 8 MONTHS? Why aren’t the bugs being fixed? Don’t they look at their reviews and see all the unhappy customers they have? Can someone please tell whoever it is that is responsible for fixing the Polycom mobile app that it doesn’t work? Nobody can see themselves and everything else that I mentioned. I have never video chatted with someone and I couldn’t see myself. I felt lost the whole time. It’s so frustrating. I been trying all day to find a way to contact someone about this. It’s a serious matter to me. Please can anyone help me or just send this message to someone so that the Polycom mobile app can be fixed? I’m doing everything I can to contact someone but it’s not working and i’m so furious at this point. Tons of people rely on this app to stay in touch with their loved ones but it’s hard with all the problems that need to be fixed. I attached photos to this where you can see all the recent bad reviews from people and how the app hasn’t been updated in 8 months. I can see why the Polycom mobile app is only rated 2 stars out of 5. Please someone help spread this message so this can be fixed!!!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Specialk827  ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

You may miss understanding the reason why this "freemium" application is hosted in both the Google and Apple app stores.

RealPresence mobile's main use case is to use this with our Poly infrastructure and customers using this setup can easily report issues found into our support organization.

RealPresence mobile supports industry-standard H.323 or SIP and I struggle to understand how "Tons of people rely on this app to stay in touch with their loved ones" as this is a very unlikely scenario.

So far, in order for us volunteers to at least comment, you have not even shared details on what device you are seeing the issues with, what software version the device is using, and what type of service you are using this with. We also do not know if this is used via SIP or H.323.

The easiest way forward would be a Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have a iPhone and i’m using the newest IOS 14 on it. Tons of people do use this. I was looking at the reviews for Polycom in the App Store and people were saying that a correctional facility now uses Polycom mobile app as a way to stay in touch with their loved ones so they can see them. That’s thousands of people using it constantly everyday then and people were saying the same thing, they can’t see themselves and how the video chatting quality and audio isn’t good. I was just wondering if that issue would be fixed and if you could bring the issues I mentioned to someone’s attention. It’s difficult not being able to see yourself and you have to be directed to make sure the person can see you in the camera. I don’t have any products by Polycom. I didn’t even know what Polycom was until just recently. I thought it was just for video chatting. I didn’t know they have products made by them. I simply just have the app installed on my iPhone and I use it to video chat and that’s it. 

HP Recommended

It would be nice if the Polycom mobile app was updated more frequently like most apps are so that nobody experiences any problems. 

HP Recommended

Just like there was a update before that I saw on the Polycom mobile Apple app where they fixed the issues with people not being able to video chat when they would hold their phone sideways, I wish they would update it and fix the other issues like the no front facing camera view on the screen. I don’t have much else to say but that. I just want that issue fixed. Are you able to tell someone about it whether they end up fixing it or not? It’s worth a try. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Specialk827  

again the software is not really targeted at end-users and usage outside of Poly infrastructure.

It will work within the designed restrictions aka a maximum call rate of 1 Mbps (standard setting is 512) but this depends if the service this is used on allows this.

We cannot control what a cell phone provider allows and what not. We also have no control over an end-users WiFi.

All these factors into what you may experience.

A simple test is during a call press the signal strength indicator on the left-hand side. This should usually be green to indicate a good signal.

An overlay will now be placed over the call and you can see the speed and codec etc.

Again all of this uses industry standards and no own proprietary protocols and may not be suitable for end-users.

The own view is not part of the design and would require a feature request via a Poly reseller based on a business plan what revenue would be lost if this is not added.

None of our commercial customers has so far asked for this feature as far as I am aware of it would be part of the software.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.