Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

No video and voice in mobile application

Occasional Advisor

No video and voice in mobile application

Hello there!

Faced with some trouble. We have Polycom Group Series 500 and sometime we call to this from mobile application (on iPhone, iPad, doesn't matter). If device isn't connected to our corp VPN (for example just in LTE network), the video and sound on device are missed (blue screen). But video and sound in Polycom station are availible and work fine in same call. If device is connected to VPN, video and sound are availible.

What reasons can be?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: No video and voice in mobile application

Hello @duckpower,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Your provider blocking the traffic / ports?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 15
Occasional Advisor

Steffen, provider said all ports are opened. Firewall is disabled till polycom. And if we are calling between two polycom stations (in different IP networks), connection is fine too. Trouble is seeing in mobile application session only...
Message 3 of 15

Hello @duckpower

the scenarios clearly show something is blocking the traffic. Is this on an Android app as you could do a wireshark trace.

Best Regards

Steffen

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 15
Valued Contributor

You might want to do the Wireshark/TCPDump trace on the Group 500 end.  Chances are, it is being requested to send out its audio/video to private IP addresses which obviously wouldn't reach the iPad/iPhone mobile device.  If that is the case, the iPad/iPhone mobile software is not doing NAT from private to public properly for embedded addresses.  Are you making H.323 or SIP calls?

JoeV
Message 5 of 15
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Yeah, i thought about Wireshark too.
H.323 calls
I will test in monday and come back with results.
Thanks for advices, guys!
Message 6 of 15
Occasional Advisor

Joe,

what port should i use for sniffing Group 500? I read that it must be 2002, but it's closed and i think this port uses for phone devices.

I add Remote Interface in Wireshark, select external IP-address of Group 500 in the "Host" field, port 2002 and password authentication. When i put "OK" button, error with code 10061 occurs.

Message 7 of 15

Hello @duckpower

from the Video FAQ:

Feb 10,2017 Question: Can I remotely take a Wireshark capture from a RealPresence GroupSeries?

Answer: Since Software Version 4.1.1 you can follow this tech tip => here <=

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Message 8 of 15
Occasional Advisor

Command from FAQ document doesn't work. I connected to Group 500 by telnet. When enter command "capture Remote Start" take this:

"error: command not found".

Message 9 of 15

Hello @duckpower,

Are you sure you are using port 23?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 10 of 15