Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same issue.

Mobile devices (iphones/ipads) calling in using Polycom Realpresence to HDX7000 unit does not seem to be getting audio/video.

Tried it with identical systems in other places and it works.

These connections were working before (2 weeks ago) and no configuration changes were made to the system/environment.

I gather from different forum posts that these could be due to firewall issues (not applicable in my case) or network settings - no changes made.

Any recommended settings we need to use?

HP Recommended

Hello blacklung82,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Can you describe what you mean by "Tried it with identical systems in other places and it works." ?

Lack of Audio /Video is 99,999999% of the time a firewall issue.

• Did you try from other mobile devices in the same network (Wifi / Mobile Data)?

• Are these devices using RPRM or CMA or is this standalone clients?

• How can you be so sure that no network changes had been made?

I would suggest to start a wireshark trace on the HDX end via a spanned port and see what network traffic reaches the HDX.

If it is only signaling and no rtp then this kind of verifies already the firewall / network suspicion.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for getting back to my question. Please allow me to clarify base on your response.

"Tried it with identical systems in other places and it works."

- Attempts on our local HDX system failed but was successful with another unit at a separate location.

Lack of Audio /Video is 99,999999% of the time a firewall issue.

• Did you try from other mobile devices in the same network (Wifi / Mobile Data)?
    Yes we did. We tried different mobile devices on both Wifi/Mobile Data
  • Are these devices using RPRM or CMA or is this standalone clients?
    Standalone clients
  • How can you be so sure that no network changes had been made?

To clarify, no changes were made on the HDX unit as only a few of us have access to do so. As for network changes, I am unsure, but this unit is a standalone directly on the carrier's circuit if this makes sense.

I've tried some of the suggestions on disabling diagnostic mode but to no avail. Would be happy to try out any new ideas.

Thanks for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.