Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello All,

I would like to ask your assistance regarding connection from the M500 software from an external network to our internal network (endpoint or meeting room on an RMX) with the help of the Polycom VBP.

• Endpoint: Polycom RealPresence M500 v1.0.2 on Apple iPad 2 iOS 5.0.1
  • Gatekeeper: Polycom CMA 5000 v5.0.0.ER54
  • VPN: Polycom 5300LF2-E25 v11.2.3
  • Bridge: RMX 4000 v7.2.1.25

The dialing plan used from the M500 - 192.115.XXX.XXX##56YYY (X - IP address and Y - Meeting Room/Conference ID)

For some reason the connection does not go through. Just to be on the safe side I've also tried an alternate dialing method (Ad-Hoc) by 66YYY@192.115.XXX.XXX but it also did not work.

Any feedback will be most appreciated! 🙂

Best Regards,

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

If you are outside of your network and you are dialling through a VBP it should work Ext_IP_Address_of_VBP##RMX_Prefix

It works for me so if you can't connect there will be a local problem with your home router ( if you are at home )

VBP-ST might resolve the problem thanks to H.460 firewall traversal support.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I am having the same trouble.  I was hoping someone in this group could help.

HP Recommended

Hi

If you are outside of your network and you are dialling through a VBP it should work Ext_IP_Address_of_VBP##RMX_Prefix

It works for me so if you can't connect there will be a local problem with your home router ( if you are at home )

VBP-ST might resolve the problem thanks to H.460 firewall traversal support.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi!

Thank you for your answer.

That was the dial plan we tried to use without success.

To be on the safe side I tried the connection from several different physical locations (even public places) but none of them worked.

We are most likely going to replace the VBP-E models with ST models.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.