Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

This version "should" resolved the issues on Android after upgrading to 4.1...   It appears to have been put into the store on August 30th.

Cheers,

Gary M

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info, Gary! The RealPresence app on my Xoom has been giving me a 'video has stopped working' message ever since the 4.1 update automatically ran. I decided to uninstall the app, download the latest version, and reinstall it. Now I am unable to find the app on the Google Play site. I can find your HDX remote control app (Which I already have installed, nice piece of work there, BTW) but nothing else related to Polycom. So at this point I'm dead in the water with testing the app further until I can find it in the store again...

HP Recommended

@solodude,

I just checked Google Play via the web and I can see both the tablet and phone 1.3.1 Version.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I can't see it from my Xoom. I used to be able to search on RealPresence Mobile or Polycom to find, but maybe the name has changed - not sure. I'll keep looking...

HP Recommended

I found it from  my Galaxy Tab 2...   I wonder if it is because of the Tablet model...

Thanks for the comments on VTC-Remote !   Once you get your xoom back up, drop me a PM and I'll send you some links on some Android specific tools I've built around RPM..

Cheers,

Gary M

HP Recommended

This morning when I checked, the app was out there on Google Play, so something changed. I was able to reinstall it and complete gatekeeper registration, but when I try to place a call to one of our Cisco MCUs, I still get the video has stopped message. But I've made progress - it worked great prior to 4.1, so I know it will work again at some point. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Based on that information, you really should contact Polycom support and open a ticket..   Sounds like something broke/got changed in the update...

Gary M

HP Recommended

@solodude wrote:

This morning when I checked, the app was out there on Google Play, so something changed. I was able to reinstall it and complete gatekeeper registration, but when I try to place a call to one of our Cisco MCUs, I still get the video has stopped message. But I've made progress - it worked great prior to 4.1, so I know it will work again at some point. Thanks!

What call speed are you using?

Can you try 512 or lower?

Steffen

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I tried connecting to both an old Codian 4220 and a Cisco 8510 blade this afternoon after some updates ran and it worked! I'm not sure if today's application updates included changes to RPM, but am glad it works. The version I'm on, in case it helps anyone else with Jelly Bean-related issues, is 1.3.1-23537_4857. I'm still seeing some tiling and pixelization and am hearing some odd audio artifacts that I'm not experiencing with any of the other video devices in the same IP range via wireless, but will continue to test and at least I'm almost back to where I was a month ago...until the next update to Android...

HP Recommended

I used to see the RPM in my google play store...for two of my phones. HTC Evo 3d, and Nexus S 4G. Now the web store tells me that the phones are not compatible with the client?? Also I have the tablet version on my galaxy tab 8.9 and it connects but I do not get audio of video? If we use the Ipad version it works fine....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.