Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

RPM and NAT'ing

Advisor

RPM and NAT'ing

I just installed the 1.0.4 version and it still does not recognize when my network connection is being NAT'ed.  When will this support be added?  This should be a priority. H.323 Video/Audio will fail since the RPM's H.245 is telling the far end to send it to the private address.

JoeV
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Occasional Visitor

Re: RPM and NAT'ing

Guys

I agree with Joe's comments. We've also ran into this issue whereby we can connect and register to the Gatekeeper from the Real Presence iPad app fine from 3G for example. However, when we try and make a call it does not connect. On further investigation it would appear that even though the 3G provider is Nat'ing the internal address, the Real Presence App is sending it's internal address in the payload instead of the Public Address provided by the 3G provider. We've tried several scenarios and it does does work properly for us externally - technically I don't believe it should be inclsuing the internal address in the payload.

Polycom's PVX software for example does not do this - why havsn't it been included / sorted in this application. It's a real let down as we have a large number of Senior Executives that use iPad and this does not work for us which looks bad on our general Polycom investment, not just the Polycom App.

Can someone confirm what the plan is if any to resolve this or can we have an updated client that does not exhibit this behaviour?

Matt

Message 2 of 7
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Matt and Joe,

are you using the Real Presence Mobile App whilst registered to a CMA ?

If yes, please work with your local Polycom Support Team

If no, please see this post => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 3 of 7
Advisor

I am aware of what has been posted prior regarding this. This having been a feature request, I was commenting on the fact that a new software release still does not support this.

JoeV
Message 4 of 7

Hello Joe,

newly added features would be mentioned in the release notes.

I can only advise you to work with your local Polycom sales engineer.

Currently this is working as designed.

Steffen Baier

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 5 of 7
Frequent Advisor

Currently working as desgined - i.e. not a proper true mobile client, but one that only works consistently if you are connected to the same LAN as the system you want to dial.

Thats fairly useless in a world where people want to leave the office and use these devices isn't it.

NAT support would be a strong advantage

Message 6 of 7

Hello Sharps,

as explained above already working as it has been designed to work whilst not registering to a Gatekeeper.

The App is completely free and will work in this environment as described.

Any changes to this behavior need to be raised via your Polycom Reseller in order to get brought to the attention of a Polycom SE to work with the Product Management Team whilst providing a business plan to justify any changes made to the application.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 7 of 7