Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

RealPresence Mobile V1.3.1 is available on Google Play now.

What’s new in 1.3.1 Android version

Support for the following devices:

• Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7” GT-P3100 tablet
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10” GT-P5100 tablet
  • Samsung Galaxy Note GTT-I9220 phone
  • Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100 phone
  • Samsung Galaxy SIII GT-I9300 phone
  • ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T tablet

Android 4.1 support for tablets that use hardware codec

Please refer to release notes for the details.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Just confirmed that we have tested the Asus Transformer TF300T with Android 4.1.1 running Polycom RealPresence Mobile for Android version 1.3.1 and  all was successful. 

Please let me know your results after upgrading. 

On a side note I was browsing the Asus forums and you can backrev your Android version installed on the device if you ever need to. 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Does the Asus Tranformer pad support hardware codecs? In other words will this work on a Tranformer Pad TF300T running Jelly Bean?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Anyone out there? I figured this would be a simple question to answer. My Asus TF300 keeps asking to update to Jelly Bean which is irreversible. I need to know if the ASUS is TF300 is supported or does the TF300 use software codecs which are unsupported? I am using the app for a critical purpose so if I were to update to Jelly Bean and it didn't work I wouldn't be able to revert to ICS.

//Matt

HP Recommended

Hello,

Sorry I have not responded sooner than this.  The Asus Transformer Device should work running RealPresence Modbile (RPM) V1.3.1 with Android Version 4.1 (JB).  I cannot personally confirm for certian as I do not have one of these to test with locally.  Let me send out a quick message within Polycom to see if anyone has updated to JB over the past few days.

As a reference point the Polycom RealPresence v1.3.1 Release notes show we tested using Android Version 4.0.3

Page 2.

http://downloads.polycom.com/video/realpresence_mobile/rpm_android_RN_1_3_1.pdf

Please give me a day to respond.

HP Recommended

Just confirmed that we have tested the Asus Transformer TF300T with Android 4.1.1 running Polycom RealPresence Mobile for Android version 1.3.1 and  all was successful. 

Please let me know your results after upgrading. 

On a side note I was browsing the Asus forums and you can backrev your Android version installed on the device if you ever need to. 

HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply.

You can back rev from minor version to minor version but ICS to JB had a firmware change to the camera. This makes it so if you try to flash an ICS Rom onto a device that was JB flashed the system will boot loop because the ICS kernel is incompatible with new camera firmware.
HP Recommended

Kener2u,

Thanks for the details on the back rev.

I guess I should have read more deep into the forum post I was looking at! 

HP Recommended

No problem. I just upgraded to 4.1 and sat in on a meeting with the TF300T so it looks like everything works. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello,

Very strange, but my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10” GT-P5100 tablet now is in incompatible state.

How I can install RPM from Google play?

P.S. on tablet now Android 4.0.3

HP Recommended

Just to clarify.

Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10” GT-P5100 was just updated to Android 4.0.3 and now you cannot run you Polycom RealPresence Mobile App? 

You will need to down load version 1.3.1 from Google Play

Open Google Play on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10” GT-P5100 and search for Polycom RealPresence Mobile.  Once found, Download/Install version 1.3.1. 

Please let me know your results.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.