Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've tried to look for solutions, but can't find an answer.

Our organisation has a huge Polycom Network (600 + HDX Devices I believe).

We have started using the real presence mobile app, but we don't want to register these on the gatekeeper so we direct dial the extn via the gatekeeper.

The issue is I can dial in with my Samsung S3 on 3G or 4G with no issue but not on wifi  Same issue happens with my Asus Transformer Tablet (only has wifi).  I have tried opening the ports listed on the Airport page (though in fairness not using an airport), and even put the devices in the DMZ on multiple wifi routers.  The other end can see and hear me, but I can't see or hear them.  This is the same for the Test room we have and the Polycom US Test rooms.

Can anyone help?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
wifi connectivity from lan side or from wan side.are you tried to call on your lan side endpoint or wan side endpoint?
HP Recommended

This is on a seperate network (actually multiple seperate networks) dialling into the Polycom Network.  i.e. users dialling from Home.

HP Recommended

This is explainable:

By utilising the 3g/4g connection, you´ll get a public wan ip from you provider. This ip adress is (or should be) directly routable. This means that, when you establish a connection from your device, the correct external IP (the wan ip) is send to the far side and the audio/video traffic can be routed back to your device..

When you use your wifi connection, your device will use it´s internal (LAN) ip adress. By establishing a call, this internal ip is send to the far site. Because this ip address is not directly routable, you´ll not see any video or hear audio on your device.

You can solve that problem by registering your RPM clients to your gatekeeper.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

What you're saying makes some sense, however:

Australian 3G/4G providers give you a private IP  on mobile broadband.

I put the device in the DMZ and same issue, I have forwarded all the ports and same issue.  This should solve the being in the private range, unless there are specific ports I am missing.

It is also working on iPad with other users on their wireless routers (which haven't had any port forwarding done).

HP Recommended

Unsure why this is marked as solved when it hasn't been solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.