Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have recently starting using the RP Desktop client.

I have had several users call into the help desk complaining that content sharing is not working.

After some basic questions, the specific issue seems to be while sharing content of a web page with embedded video or when playing a video file from the desktop,  the audio does not carry over the shared connection with the displayed video content.

The users are urged to check the audio settings for the computer and application.  The settings checked appear to show 100% output to the relevant audio drivers listed in the audio mixer.

Has anyone else had a issue like this one and how did you solve the desktop users' issues?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello august2013,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to provide the currently used software version for RPM.

In this case the version would not matter as the content design follows the H.239 standard.

The Real Presence Mobile release notes contains on page the following here:

Working with Content

Your RealPresence Desktop application enables you to view content sent by others in the call, and share your desktop or running applications with participants at the far end. The people video and the content you receive are displayed in separate windows.

The RPM or RPD application is simply not designed to utilize the local audio and embed this into a video call in addition to the separate content via H.239

The content sharing is only used for visually sharing a locally presented content.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I will let the desktop support team know they have created a new service.

We have computer systems that can share content with audio.

What was puzzling for us was that we could not get every installation to work with the audio.

Thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi,

It seems that I am only either seeing the people or content at any point of time. Is there any settings that I can change to select my preferred view or better still, to see both People + content?

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello august2013,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to provide the currently used software version for RPM.

In this case the version would not matter as the content design follows the H.239 standard.

The Real Presence Mobile release notes contains on page the following here:

Working with Content

Your RealPresence Desktop application enables you to view content sent by others in the call, and share your desktop or running applications with participants at the far end. The people video and the content you receive are displayed in separate windows.

The RPM or RPD application is simply not designed to utilize the local audio and embed this into a video call in addition to the separate content via H.239

The content sharing is only used for visually sharing a locally presented content.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Are you using RealPresence Mobile in its "basic mode" with local configuration, or its "professional mode" (with provisioning)?

RealPresence Mobile supports receiving both People and Content at the same time if it is in "professional mode".  If it is in "basic mode" then it can only receive content over the "people" channel, and then only if the other side can send it that way.

HP Recommended

I am using RealPresence Desktop (downloaded March 2015). I am also having a problem displaying content between a remote user and my Polycom HDX 7000 system, but the people and audio are clear. The remote user is connecting wirelessly and has lowered their rate to H.239. We have not adjusted any settings on the Polycom side. We would be happy to just get a display of the connecting people and their powerpoint presentations because we could use our Polycom conference phone. Is it possible that settings such as Windows firewall or someother settings need adjustment?

Thanks, for any suggestions you might have.

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen Baier,

We are havng issues with sharing content using the Realpresence software. We have one recipiant using realpresence while the we are using a Polycom HDX 7000 system. The Real presence user is connecting via wireless and is sucessful in dispalying their themselves using the webcam but cannot display content. The Real presence user starts the share content and we (polycom HDX 7000) see only a black screen. You mentioned in your earlier comment to chage it to a H.239 standard, how do we do that? Do we do that in the polycom HDX 7000 side or on the laptop. 

What we tried:

the real presence user lowered the call rate to 256 KBPS to see if that will show content. It didnt work. 

Could it be a Windows firewall issue? 

What would you recommend us to do? 

Best,

Jonathan Alarcon

HP Recommended

We are connecting to a vmr and real presence from users laptop.  we select show content... content show then disappears.  we have 4 different sessions happening at the same time, could it be a bandwidth isue?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.