Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

RealPresence Mobile has been released for the iPad and Android platforms.  They can be downloaded from their respective  markets.  I'll be happy to answer any question you have on these 2 new products from Polycom.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Doesnt work on my Samsung Android Infuse phone

HP Recommended

The RealPresence Mobile application is only supported on Samsung Galaxy, Motorola Xoom and iPad platforms.

HP Recommended

Thats fine but I would have thought you would have it working for other android Phones, and Android tablets on the market and when is this going to happend to allow other who do not have these devices to be able to use the technology that should have been ready along time ago

HP Recommended

Dear Kendo,

I'm unable to load it on my Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000. I suppose only the the new Honeycomb variants ares supported (the GT-P7500 and GT-P7510). Please update the documentation (http://downloads.polycom.com/video/realpresence_mobile/RealPresence_Mobile_1_0_Android_Release_Notes...) to reflect this. Mentioning just Samsung Galaxy Tab without properly indicating the supported models is a bit confusing in my opinion.

Saying that the application works on Samsung Galaxy plarform is rather misleading as well - I also have a Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 phone that is not supported either - and I'm pretty sure that the other Galaxy phones won't be able to install the app as well (Galaxy Gio, Galaxy Fit, Galaxy Ace, Galaxy S2 and so on) and probably people with the new 7", 7.7" and 8.9" Galaxy Tabs are out of luck as well...

Also please let me know when to expect a version that will install on the Asus EEE Pad Transformer TF-101 - this is almost the exact same hardware as the Motorola Xoom and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510.

Best regards,

Peter 

HP Recommended

I would like to also see this work with a Ipad 1st generation, I know there is no facing camera but to be atleast I would be able to see the other person I would be talking to

HP Recommended

Currently, the Only working Platforms are the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, the Motorolla Xoom, and the Ipad 2 (All versions).  The Realpresence Mobile application can be downloaded on The Android Market, or the Ipad App Store.

I will keep people updated if it moves onto any other platforms.

HP Recommended

For a company who tells there customers that they listen to what the customers say , I would have expected that a Ipad, Ipad 2, and all version of android tablets and phones the apps would have been out already for these devices , I just don't understand why it is taking so long for your company to create a app for these devices that should have been created along time ago please pass this on to who needs to get working on this technology and let us know when you call tech support no one knows anything on when this will happen which is bad customer service we have a system Polycom produce but can not use what Mobiles devices are intended to be used for.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your submissions and concerns regarding the RealPresence Mobile Apps, your concerns are duely noted.

For your reference I have provided two links that you may find useful, the first is to our “Feature Request” page where you can submit these sort of requests. The other contains support links and release notes to assist in understanding the functionality and what is supported. Again thank you for your contributions to Polycom Community Forums and we look forward to future thoughts and ideas that you may have.

https://jira.polycom.com/secure/CreateIssue.jspa?os_username=jiraguest&os_password=polycom&pid=10240...

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/video/realpresence_mobile/realpresence_...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.