Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

On the iPad2 I can connect using RealPresence to the VSX7000 but I only get the speaker icon on the screen and no video. The video options on the bottom of the app are greyed out.  I do get audio and that works fine. I thought maybe I didn't have enough bandwidth but I ran another test standing directly under the access point (Wireless-N) and still had the same problem.  If I check the stats there is no Video protocol or format shown. Call type is H323 I'm not sure what to do. I saw a post saying the same problem with an 8000 and they took off H.329 in the Polycom settings and I tried that but it didn't  help. Also I have installed the 30 day trial of the M100 Polycom software, Which connects to the VSX7000 and displays video/audio no problem. Then tested the RealPresence iPad2 app with the M100 and that worked as well. Any idea's on how to get the RealPresence to see the Polycom VSX7000a Video?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Check and make sure you don't have basic mode on the vsx checked, while connected, check your system stats and see what the codec is trying to connect at.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Check and make sure you don't have basic mode on the vsx checked, while connected, check your system stats and see what the codec is trying to connect at.

HP Recommended

Turning off basic mode seems to have fixed it thank you!!

HP Recommended

I turned off Basic Mode on my VSX 7000 and I still didnt see the video on the iPad2.  I have video and sound on the VSX 7000.  My VSX 7000 has firmware 9.0.5 Dec 2008.

By the way will I need Basic Mode turned back on for anything?

HP Recommended

I'd get it updated to 9.0.6.2-103 and in that section I only have H.323 checked, everything else is unchecked.

Did you try the M100 software to see if it works with your polycom? I guess that's a good test as well.

HP Recommended

Hi I'm getting the same issue, have upgraded my VSX 7000 Firmware to 9.0.6.2-103 and just selected H.323 but still dont recevie any video from the person using the iPad2. M100 Software works to my VSX 7000 unit without any issues but try and connect to the iPad and I get the same issue must be some setting on Real Presence Mobile but I cant see anything?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.