Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I just downloaded the realpresence mobile app to demo it..  What do i need to enter for the server, user name, and password?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello jeffatyale,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Did you check => here <= as the support page => here <= contains the relevant documents.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

No matter what I do i cannot get registered wqith a valid server address.

i tried to following these directions:

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/video/realpresence_mobile/configuring_r...

HP Recommended

Hi effatyale...

are you trying to connect the RPM client via wifi or 3g/4g to your cma ?

Are you inside or outside of your corporate LAN for testing ?

Please check the documents Steffen mentioned above.

To use the iphone 4s RPM client, you´ll have to connect to a cma server .

HP Recommended

We do not have a CMA server.   I am currently inside my Lan. 

I found this note with iPad instructions.  Is this not true for the iPhone 4S?

"If you do not have a CMA server account, enter any information in the fields for Email, User Name, and Password. You can still use the application, but you will not be able to use advanced features such as sending and receiving content, AES, LDAP, and H.460 firewall traversal."

HP Recommended

Hello jeffatyale,

from the Real Presence FAQ => here <=

Quote:

What is the difference between ‘Basic’ and ‘Professional’ modes?

The RealPresence Mobile for iPad 2, Motorola XOOM, DROID XYBOARD by Motorola and Galaxy Tab app runs in both Basic and Professional modes.

The purpose of these two methods is to allow basic IP dialing and an easy transition to a feature-rich user experience for the enterprise user.

The app is self-aware of connections to the RealPresence Platform and will automatically turn on all available professional features with no setup from the end user.

Basic IP dialing mode is not available for the iPhone 4S with version 1.1.

Please check Polycom.com for product updates as to when we will release the basic IP dialing capability.

Above means you will need the Infrastructure from Polycom.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Did you get this to work.  I am unable to get past the invalid server message.  Unable to get to any place where I can set it up manually.  We are also just trying it internally on our own network.

Thanks RF

HP Recommended

Did you get this to work?  Struggling with same issue on iPad3

HP Recommended

@jspic,

welcome to the community.

The iPad 3 is currently not supported.

@all

Have you got a CMA4000/5000 in your network to register the Real Presence Mobile application to ?

If no then you will not be able to register this to a server in order to use the professional mode

If yes then you will need to ensure that your system administrator has setup the relevant ports and DNS Entries on your Network to enable either an registration via the IP address or example John.Doe@polycom.com

For more Information please try and use the community search as there are already plenty of the same posts here and the Real Presence Release Notes and FAQ are in addition helpful.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.