Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have 2 HDX systems on my network (HDX 8000& 6000).  I can not connect an iPad using the Mobile Presence app to either of the HDX systems internally.  I do not have a CMA server or a gatekeeper.  I can call HDX 8000 to the HDX 6000 from inside of the network and visa versa.

So the firewall settings are OK.  Is there anything differenct needed for the iPad?

Thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have addtional info.

When I dial into the HDX system the call is answered by the system but I do not have video on the HDX or iPad side.  I was able to hear sound from the iPad to the HDX.

HP Recommended

If the ipad is not on the same LAN as the HDX it will be assigned a non-routable IP address by the router it is behind. For instance if the iPad is at home it will be getting an IP address from your router. This address is a private address and cannot be routed to from the outside.  This is where CMA comes in. When the iPad registers to a CMA the CMA keeps track of the private address assigned to the iPad and will 'find it' where ever it is.

The Real Presence Mobile was designed to be an extension of a corporate video infrastructure.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.