Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

My Xoom's registration to an internet SIP server (over VZ 3G/4G) is timing out after 1+ minutes. I need to be able to troubleshoot this. Can someone point me to  an appropriate Wireshark-like application to capture the packet traffic and also what logging capabilites does the RPM application have and where are the files stored?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I haven't been able to capture packets off table's wireless neither. But the log files I found are under /mnt/sdcard/Polycom.

You won't find packet info, but some tracing like:

LoggingServer.CallControl INFO: CallControl INFO detect local IP address with remote IP=172.21.115.2x

LoggingServer.CallControl INFO: CallControl INFO [SIP STACK]: >>> Data Send to 172.21.115.2x:5060

Hopefully that could help you to see if it registered to the right SIP. I don't have SIP set up, and I don't know why RPM is trying to talk to that IP.

HP Recommended

I have found the log file(s) which help if they aren't too big to open.  I've had to stop the application, delete the log file, restart the application and retest in order to get a log file which is small enough to open with EZ Notepad.  Is there some other ap that can open the log file no matter how large it is?

HP Recommended

It's cumbercome to do, but you would get exact the log info you need for a test session. I wouldn't want to read a large log file unless there is a good reason. Instead of looking for an app to open a 20+M log file and freeze your tablet, hopefully the RMP dev team could set a limit in the next release.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.