Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have noticed that the Realpresence client does not send CIF video

It sends 192x144 video.

Is there any way of changing this?

There is not much in the way of config on the client itself.

A,

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

More info would be needed here. First to answer your question, there is no way to hardset the video resolution.  It is dependent on speed and wireless connection. 

-what are you calling? 

-at what speed?

-are you noticing any lost packets?

-are you registered to a gatekeeper? (that can limit your video protocol and speed)

Speed and network quality is most likely the factor here.  You should get much higher resolution.  For example when I run RPM for IPad locally to call a system at 512k, 384k and 256k I see 480x352 Video Format.  When I down speed to 128k I see exactly what you see at 192x144. 

I also do not have a way to induce packet loss but if there was I am certain I would notice the video format degrade down as well. 

HP Recommended

I am calling from RPM for IPad and a Polycom VVX1500S both registered as SIP endpoints to our SIP application server (unfortunately not via an RMX/DMA)

I get one way video and two way speech.

The VVX sends video in CIF format and is displayed ok on the Ipad but the Ipad is sending the lower resolution image which the VVX does not display and may not be supported by the app server 

HP Recommended

I just tested this and the VVX can display the video being sent.  My call setup as TX from IPad 192x144 and I got video and audio both ways. 

I would have to guess there is something else going on.  I am not very familiar with the VVX and its capabilities but know you can configure via the web interface the audio and video codecs that are supported. 

Usually with one way video or audio of any kind the issue lies within the network.  In order to find out for sure you would need to do simultaneous network traces from both ends of the call and then review the files for where the breakdown occurs.  Most of the time it has to do with a firewall blocking ports in one direction, a traffic shaper on the network, or a route that is taking the video traffic over a different path than the audio and the video traffic is not making it in time to setup or be displayed.

As you stated the issue could also lie with the App Server.  What are you using and have you checked with their docs or forums on what is supported? 

Can you call any other device within your network using the IPad and RPM?  If you can change the call speed out on the IPad to 128k and see it the video is 2way.  Changing the speed to 128k should make the IPad RPM resolution 192x144.  This should tell you a little more on whats going on.  If it works, there is something within the path of the VVX causing the issue, if it is the same I would look more into the SIP Server. 

HP Recommended

Hello Cityslocker,

ensure the VVX is actually on the latest or one of the latest Software Versions.

Check my Signature for Information on how to upgrade.

UCS 4.0.1 is the latest and greatest but UCS 3.3.3 may be enough for you to resolve this.

In addition your SIP Server needs to allow the H.263/H.264 protocol.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.