Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

What ports/addresses need to be used for RP Mobile app?

I keep getting 'other side hung up' error message.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Would help to know a few things:

What platform is your RPM running on, Android/IOS and what version?

What protocol, H.323/SIP?

What network, local WIFI or 3G/4G?

Standalone or registered to a gatekeeper/server?

Have you tried some of the test #'s? (VTC-Test H.323 at 71.14.2.157, .158, Lifesize SIP at 368004@lifesizecloud.com or Polycom's found at http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/documentation/video_test_numbers.html)

The far end may have logs of your calls if you have access to their technical support.

In RPM General Settings, you can 'Send the log report' to yourself to look for clues or post it here for other eye scrutiny.

HP Recommended

What platform is your RPM running on, Android/IOS and what version?

iOS latest version 10.3.2. Also latest version of pthe app 3.7.1

What protocol, H.323/SIP?

h.323

What network, local WIFI or 3G/4G?

local wifi. 4g is working fine so must be some firewall issue.

Standalone or registered to a gatekeeper/server?

standalone

Have you tried some of the test #'s? (VTC-Test H.323 at 71.14.2.157, .158, Lifesize SIP at 368004@lifesizecloud.com or Polycom's found at http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/documentation/video_test_numbers.html)

The far end may have logs of your calls if you have access to their technical support.

In RPM General Settings, you can 'Send the log report' to yourself to look for clues or post it here for other eye scrutiny.

rpmVersion = 3.7.1-65358
machine = iPhone8,4
model = iPhone
systemName = iPhone OS
systemVersion = 10.3.2

HP Recommended

RPM 3.7 H.323 ports, from Polycom documentation:

Port Function
1720 (TCP) H.323 Call Signaling (H.225)
1719 (UDP) H.323 Registration, Admission, and Status (RAS)
3230 - 3250 (TCP) H.323 Call Control (H.245)
3230 - 3250 (UDP) Media (RTP/RTCP

HP Recommended

We have all those ports open but keep getting error 'telephone hang up error' (translated from german). Any ideas?

HP Recommended

Is that on ALL calls, incoming or outgoing? 

Did you try to test numbers?

Do you have access to a router or firewall which may be causing the issue, to do a packet capture or debug log?

HP Recommended

We can connect to our VMR perfectly on 4G but not when our wifi network so it must be something to do with our network.

I just need to check there is any extra ports or firewall setting we should consider as well as the list of ports that you have given me above. 

HP Recommended

I would suggest having your network folks dig into the firewall logs or do a packet trace somewhere to see what is happening.

I've attached a pcap file (large portion of media truncated) of an H.323 call to VTCTest for reference.  Using Wireshark you can see the call flow and compare it to your failed calls.

HP Recommended

Thank you.

I'm a bit of a rookie at this. I have used wireshark in the past but which machine do I run it on? Do I need a PC connected to the exact same network i.e. the wifi in the office as the phone, run wireshark then try to connect to the using the app and just filter for traffic only relating to the IP of the phone?

HP Recommended

Your firewall may have the packet trace capability.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.