Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've got the RP ap on a Motorola Xoom LTE on Verizon Wireless. Using 4G I cannot get it to register to H.323 or SIP server both accessible from the Internet, but when using 3G I have some success. H.323 fails but I'm aware of the NAT issue. SIP registration is successful and stable for calls, but only when the IP address reaching our server is in the 75.219.0.0 subnet.  On the same 3G network, when the registration message reaches the server from IP address in the 166.249.0.0 subnet , the response apparently doesn't get back to the tablet and the ap's registration fails.  Where are these different IP addresses coming from when using 3G?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hrm, that is interesting, There have been a few others with the same issue with verizon 4g lte, I'll look into it

HP Recommended

I found that at home I have a Samsung Network Extender which is 3G enabled and provides my tablet with the 75.x.x.x address. When I disable the network extender, my tablet's 3G connection gets a 166.249.x.x address.

HP Recommended

Ahh, ok, Then after you disable this, does RPM connect ok? Mabey the network extender is acting like a router, this would explain it.

HP Recommended

RPM registers and connects cleanly with the 75.x.x.x address. When I get the 166.249.x.x address from the VZW 3G or 4G networks I have problems with the RPM, staying registered or connecting (H.323 or SIP).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.