Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am trying to log into my company headquarter's VTC via their IP address on an iPad Mini using Polycom Real Presence Mobile 3.0.1

I can connect and they see and hear me on their end. I cannot see or hear them on my end.

Any suggestions? I've looked through support docs etc., and cannot find anything. I've also tried a few of the Polycom Test IPs and while the answer immediately I see or hear nothing

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated,

PJ

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello PJ,

welcome to the Polycom Community. I have moved your post to the dedicated Real Presence Mobile section.

This type of question has been asked on multiple other occasions and is caused by a firewall blocking certain ports.

All the ports that are being used by the application are listed in the release notes and the community search can be consulted for more answers.

In addition you did not provide any details if you are in the same Lan or outside or even a G3/G4 connection.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I am attempting to connect through my home network. I have Ultimate Internet from Time Warner with 50 Mbs/sec and am getting full strength signal. I have a Motorola DOCSIS3.0 Wireless Cable Modem Gateway and an Apple Airport Time Capsule. Time Warner says I should be able to run this software with the service package I have. 

I have tried to use:

Polycom Real Presence Mobile on iPad home WIFI and iPhone home WIFI and Cellular

Polycom Real Presence Deskyp on iMac - Wired and home WIFI

I have also tried with the iPad and IMac using a verizon MIFI Jetpack so completely outside of my home internet service. The imac has no firewalls and had the same issue whether through my homenetwork or the MiFi device.

Each and every time the other end answers and can see and hear me so there does not seem to be an internet or service issue. Skype, Webex and others work fine too both ways.

It seems like there is some software setting I am missing. Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

PJ

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello PJ,

This type of question has been asked on multiple other occasions and is caused by a firewall blocking certain ports.

All the ports that are being used by the application are listed in the release notes and the community search can be consulted for more answers.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Hi,

as mentioned above already this is a firewall issue. Either on your end or your far end.

Polycom, like other Video conference suppliers uses industry standard conferences that ensure compatibility with a wide range of products.

Skype, like many others, does not use any industry standards and utilize proprietary protocol's that are incompatible with anything else than their own standard.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I found the release notes you mentioned and tried to open the ports on my AirPort Time Capsule. Apple says I must not be entering them the way Polycom wants them entered. Using Airport Utility I added the Inbound and Outbound Ports (+ under port settings):

E.G.

Description: 1720 (TCP) H.323 Signaling

Public TCP Ports: 1720

Private TCP Ports: 1720

See Document attached with example and screenshots.

I entered all of the following:

Inbound

1720 (TCP) H.323 Signaling
1719 (UDP) Registration, Admission, and Status (RAS)
3230-3329 (TCP) Call Signaling
3230-3237 (UDP) Media (RTP/RTCP)
3238 (UDP and TCP) BFCP

Outbound

443 (TCP) Provisioning, Monitoring, Help Files, HTTPS
389 (TCP) LDAP
5061 (TCP) SIP TLS signaling
1720 (TCP) H.323 Signaling
1719 (UDP) Registration, Admission, and Status (RAS)
3230-3329 (TCP) Call Signaling
3230-3237 (UDP) Media (RTP/RTCP)
3238 (UDP and TCP) BFCP

Then I went back and deleted the Outbound when it didn't work because Inbound is the problem. Still no luck. Is there another way you require the ports to be input?

I appreciate your help,

PJ

Post adding I checked the ports via several sites and got errors - plus the Polycome software still wouldn't work.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Any other thoughts on this? I've tried it at another location too with the same results - only on iPad with Real Presence Mobile App at new location. I've spent literally hours on the phone with my service provider and Apple. I have enough bandwidth from provider and no ports or firewall through them since I use an Airport Time Capsule as my router. I've worked with Apple to open all ports. Still no luck. I'd really like to be able to use your product. I do not believe it is on the receiving end because my 2 colleagues can connect no problem using ipads.

Please advise,

Thanks,

PJ

HP Recommended

Since the last update of the IPAD app, it is not working anymore on my iPad. this may be caused by self-signed certificates in Polycom RPRM or the Border proxy. Not sure if it happens on

all iPad models and waiting for the solution for iPad mini.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.