Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello. When i make sign in my RPM the password is shown as dot marks. Where is stored the password in ipad and what form of the password? It is encrypted? Where I can find the password for RealPresens Mobile in my IPAD? Can i say that RPM application provides safety storage of the password in Ipad?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Dmitriy,

as explained only the provisioned mode using a Polycom CMA or a RPRM will utilize the password functionality. The connectivity between the RPM and the Polycom provisioning server is via TLS.

I had already explained that I am quite sure that we do not publicly, at least not in the community, disclose the type and destination location of the encryption.

I would suggest you work with your Polycom reseller to bring this to the attention of a Polycom Sales Engineer.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Dmitriy,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The communitys RPM FAQ contains multiple post's explaining the difference between provisioned mode and standalone mode.

If you do not have any Polycom infrastructure as explained in the FAQ no username or password is needed but the restrictions listed in the release notes apply.

I am not aware if we disclose the location of the password storage and can only assume that the passwords are as safe as any other application within iOS.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I need information about in what form (encrypted or not encrypted) and where the password is stored on the ipad and PC, which I see as dots.

HP Recommended

Hello Dmitriy,

as explained only the provisioned mode using a Polycom CMA or a RPRM will utilize the password functionality. The connectivity between the RPM and the Polycom provisioning server is via TLS.

I had already explained that I am quite sure that we do not publicly, at least not in the community, disclose the type and destination location of the encryption.

I would suggest you work with your Polycom reseller to bring this to the attention of a Polycom Sales Engineer.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.