Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

This issue is widely presents in Samsung Galaxy A series phones (models A10, A20, A30). 

Any solution for this be welcome.

Regards,

Ronald Ramírez

COATEL - Perú

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello @chiquillo1979 ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

How are you using RealPresence Mobile within your organization?

Whilst it is nearly impossible to support every single phone type sometimes the phone spec does not allow the RPM app due to constraints.

If you are using this with some form of Poly infrastructure please try and get this into our support organization.

If you are using this without this would require a feature request via a Poly reseller based on a business plan what revenue would be lost if this is not added.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks @SteffenBaierUK for your reply.
Previously we open a support case (for one of the models mentioned) but the final answer been that the model is not in the list of tested devices on the last Release Notes of the RP Mobile. My next option was to request help to "the voice of experience" (the community).
My client has a Clariti deployment (102 Concurrent Users licenses), and 64 endpoints (between HDX and Group series). For remote corporate users access they are using Web Suite, RP Desktop and RP Mobile. Because of the pandemic, the use of the solution growed-up intensibly. Usually, they provide cell-phones to their internal users. Between these devices are the models mentioned: Samsung Galaxy A10 (sm-105m), A20s (sm-207m) and A30.
I understand supporting of all cell-phones models around the world is a titanic adventure, but the list of limitations for the use of the app throught Play Store are defined by the developer (in this case Poly). At least we waiting a technical answer based in this limitations, taking into account that the specifications of the affected device model are widely known.
Regards, Ronald

HP Recommended

Hello @chiquillo1979 

as you have not shared a Poly SR I am unable to look this up. I also checked for your email and the last case was from 2019.

If your customer has an interest in this I can only suggest the route of a feature request. 

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Sorry @SteffenBaierUK.
I didn't notice that you required the related case number.

The number is 1-16810126224 and it was generated by a colleague not by me, so you did not find it.

If you can intercede to find a different resolution of the case, I would appreciate it.

As a suggestion, I have found this information that could be related to the problem:  https://support.getupside.com/hc/en-us/articles/226667067--Device-not-compatible-error-message-in-Go.... I have not applied it yet because I wish I had things clearer before playing with the memory of the cell-phones of the users involved.

Regards, Ronald 

HP Recommended

Hello @chiquillo1979 

I am trying to work with the product manager on this but the release notes do list the phones we officially support.

Have you simply tried to download the APK from our support page >here< and install this way?

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

These types orf phones need to be recognized to become compatible asap

There should be no excuse for not being able to maintain a connection to inmates. 

During this Pandemic we need communication and the support of loved ones! 

HP Recommended

Hello @NDIAZ719 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I believe I explained everything to the original poster and it is not like you cannot install the APK.

Simply download it from our support page >here< and install it this way.

The application is not designed for this usage but as a side effect, we allow everyone to utilize it. It is meant for Poly customers with a Poly infrastructure to use.

Other than that it is like "freeware" to use and with no guarantee that it works.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

This idea what I get when I click on that link

HP Recommended

Hello @NDIAZ719 

simply Google Real Presence Mobile Polycom Download and you will get to the download page and can download the APK file and install this.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.