Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

why can't I see anyone on my i-pad Polycom but they can see & hear me. HELP!!!!!!!

LLV
Occasional Visitor

why can't I see anyone on my i-pad Polycom but they can see & hear me. HELP!!!!!!!

I can dial into corporate ( polycom system)  and they can accept the call and see & hear me but I cannot see them. How can I fix this. I do have VOIP on my ipad as I have video connection via skype. Please help!!!

Thank you , Loree

loree@loreelash.com

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: why can't I see anyone on my i-pad Polycom but they can see & hear me. HELP!!!!!!!

It could be an issue with the video codec the corporate Polycom is using for its transmit video, e.g. H.264, where the client on your iPad does not support it and cannot interpret/display.  When you are in a call with them, you might have them look at their call statistics and see which video codec is used on the transmit side.  Then check to see if your client supports it.  Maybe there are some options in your iPad client configuration for selecting different codec support.

JoeV
Message 2 of 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: why can't I see anyone on my i-pad Polycom but they can see & hear me. HELP!!!!!!!

Hello LLV,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This sounds like a classical firewall issue.

• Are you on a corporate LAN or on the WAN ?

• Are you using Real Presence Mobile?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 3 of 3