Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is 5.4.1 version compatible with Expansion module?

We are running Skype for Business (latest CU) and VVX 600 upgraded with 5.4.1 and color expansion module and they don't display anything anymore.

Before opening a ticket... if it's a know issue

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello StephenR,

I have not heard of this and can only ask you to raise a ticket on this and ensure to post the relevant ticket reference here.

Please also ensure that you either use the correct LYNC SKU phone's or have the relevant Polycom per Lync device license for the phones you are utilizing with a LYNC or Office 365 / Skype for Business server.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Will do. Can you ust tell me which log is relevant for the expansion module? (if there is a specific one)

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello StephenR,

both <mac>-app and <mac>-boot log from a provisioning server should be provided to the support team in your region.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I'd like to share some of my findings regarding the new EFLK feature.

I tested it with the latest 5.4.2 and Skype for Business with the latest updates.

First, you cannot use the previous way to configure/customize your keys (likeKey.reassignement.enabled). It just doesn't work with 5.4.x

EFLK is definitely not easy to use for end-user. You have to navigate to EFLK settings which is not obvious while with the previous version, you were able to configure a new contact just by pressing the key for few seconds.

EFLK doesn't allow you to add contacts not enabled for presence. It means basically that this feature is useless in most of the attendant/frontdesk/whatever scenarios. BTW, you can add a contact not enabled for presence but the phone will display only the number, not the display name which is useless. You can try just by adding a new contact in Outlook, adding it to your Skype for business client (you'll get a phone icon but you'll see thr full name of the user) and then browse the contatc list on the phone using the EFLK menu. You'll only get the phone number in the list.

It's sad because it could be a nice feature but for now, it's by far too limited. Only way for us is to use the previous way to configure speed dials on phone, without the likeKey.reassignement, which means we are inserting dummy contacts at the beginning to make sure everything is displayed on the expansion module. If you're no tusing the expansion module, then you just have to avoid EFLK, except if you have only contacts inside your organization.

I'm just wondering why Polycom chose to "disable" the likeKey.reassignement feature. It could have been possible i guess to have both EFLK and LKR available not at the same time of course, but it would have been a smoother way to transition.

I will probably open a ticket for the most annoying points, i will update this post accordingly.

Thanks  

HP Recommended

Hello StephenR,

I have started to document this new feature here:

Jan 04, 2016 Question: Can I change / re-assign the appearance of  a Line and / or Presence Keys?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Polycom product management works with certain customers to implement features. As a result of this features are changed or added pending on the requirement.

I will make product management aware of your post and see if I receive any additional feedback.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Yes i saw it, and it's a good documentation. It doesn't show clearly though the limitation i described.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Ok, some news fron the field.

After going back and forth with some Polycom folks, i eventually understood that if you use AD credentials on the phone, and Exchange integration, your contacts in Outlook/Lync are displayed just fine on the VVX, but not with EFLK.

Without EFLK, contacts are visible with their display name and all the details (all the telephone numbers you may have configured, and additional information) while with EFLK, display name is replaced with the telephone number, but you still have access to all the details.

It looks like a bug so i opened a case: #1-1961903947

Thanks 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.