Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

5.5.x transfer differences on VVX410/VVX500's

Frequent Advisor

5.5.x transfer differences on VVX410/VVX500's

Hi,

One for the guru's out there....

So Skype for Business on-prem setup with VVX410's and VVX500's. Phones set for consultative transfer as default.

Firmware 5.4.x, call comes in and answered by User 'A'. 'A' starts transfer by pushing the transfer soft-key and dials user 'B'. User 'B' in not answering so 'A' presses cancel and is immediately returned to the original caller.

Firmware 5.5.1p, call comes in and answered by User 'A'. 'A' starts transfer by pushing the transfer soft-key and dials 'B'. User 'B' is not answering so 'A' presses cancel soft-key and now the original caller is on hold so they must press Resume soft key.

I can't see any reference to this change in behaviour between firmware versions but it is a significant change and is causing receiptionists to lose calls. Anyone know of a config to look at to revert this new behaviour to the original behaviour or where to look in config for the likely place?

Thanks,

Matt

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: 5.5.x transfer differences on VVX410/VVX500's

Hello Matt,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Please get this into support.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 6
Frequent Advisor

Hello Steffen,

So you think this might be a new 'feature' bug in 5.5.1p?

Regards,

Matt

Message 3 of 6

Hello Matt,

I can't tell without looking at your configuration and everything else like the gateway etc. 

Please bring to to the attention of our support team in your region.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 6
Frequent Advisor

Ok, raised this with Exertis but I can't say how long it will take them to raise it with support - they are not very reliable when it comes to escalating this. I wish there was a way of doing this direct..... Hence why I'm asking the community to see if anyone else has noticed the problem.

Regards,

Matt

Message 5 of 6

Hello Matt,

Without a MAC address I am unable to verify who your reseller is.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 6 of 6