Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

After upgrading a Skype licensed VVX 601 from 5.9.0.9373 to 5.9.4.3247 and having issues logging on to hosted SfB/Teams, I opened a ticket with Microsoft Support.  Even after providing the link to the PolyCom Software for Skype for Business Deployments that shows 5.9.4 is a maintence release for 5.9.0, Microsoft Support insists that 5.9.0 is the latest supported release.  They say they do not support 5.9.4.  So, I am unable to log on.

Can anyone provide proof that 5.9.4 is, at the very least, "blessed" my Microsoft so I can get some support?

Thank you.  

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Don Delson ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I just added this to the Skype for Business FAQ:

Nov 6. 2019 Question: Is there a difference between the Software Microsoft supplies via Skype for Business to other versions supplied by Poly?

Resolution: Microsoft does not always host the latest software. Poly supported software for Skye for Business can always be found >here<

Basically we support customers on any 5.9.x as an example.

Since 5.9.4 we support MFA

If you still struggle simply open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @Don Delson ,

communication via the community should be via posting and not via mail.

As already outlined please utilize the community.

For example:

Jan 17, 2017 Question: How can I troubleshoot simple Skype for Business, Office365 or Teams issues?

Resolution: Have a look => here <=

UC Software for VVX 5.9.4 is the latest Poly supported build.

Microsoft has announced changes related to the Microsoft Online device registration requirement. These changes affect Polycom VVX and Trio systems registered for Skype for Business accounts. Before upgrading your Microsoft environment Polycom VVX phone to version 5.9.4 or your Trio system to version 5.9.1 Rev AA or later, see the >Technical Advisory< for specific changes and actions required.

for the rest, as explained, please work with your reseller if this needs to come into support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Using version 5.9.4 with SfB Online/Teams requires the Office 365 administrator to grant permissions to the Polycom Azure Application ID as documented here. Has this been done in your tenant?

HP Recommended

I read that today in the 5.9.4 release notes and, as admin, granted permission.  The upgrade subsequently worked and I notified Microsoft that they could close the case as I was able to upgrade without their help.  However, it appears I jumped the gun. 

After rebooting to double check I was prompted "Device Update Available; Press Reboot to Update".  A look at the details showed that update server had the old version, so I canceled.  Soon afterwards the phone auto-rebooted and rolled back to the 5.9.0 release.  Bummer. 

A forum in the Microsoft tech community https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Skype-for-Business-IT-Pro/Prevent-Polycom-Phone-rolling-back-...

showed me how to prevent Polycom from rolling back to previous versions.  As instructed in the post I created a cfg file and uploaded to each of the 15 VVX 601s.  This seems to prevent rollbacks.  

I am hoping that this upgrade will help address failures when we attempt to transfer Call Queue calls to voicemail in Collaborative mode and a four second delay when calls are answered before voices can be heard.  I will test in the a.m.  I have tickets opened with Microsoft on both.  However, I am concerned that Microsoft will push back because I am running a firmware they don't support.  We will see. 

Thanks for your note.

Don 

HP Recommended

Hello @Don Delson ,

The Skype for Business FAQ already contains this since 2016:

Feb 02, 2016 Question: How can I prevent a Poly Phone to be downgraded/upgraded automatically via Skype for Business and/or Office365?

Resolution: For Skype for Busines please download, unpack and import the attached LyncProvisionDeviceParams. For Skype for Business Online / O365 in addition please set the EnableDeviceUpdate to false as explained => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.