Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have two Trio 8800 on UC version 5.5.2.11217. Same issue on both.

I want to add a contact (not pulled from the GAL) to the account favorites with just a name and phone number. I've tried adding from the phone and it won't take the name. I've logged into the SfB account on my PC and added from there - synced to Outlook. It looks like it takes the name. Then I go back to the Trio 8800 and it shows up on Favorites, but just with the phone # - no name.

Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello GKR,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I assume this is on O365 as you are not using a valid Polycom software. The latest available software from Polycom is 5.5.3.3441_AA or the one prior is 5.5.2.11338.

This is an issue on the Microsoft end as they pushing a faulty software to the Trio as explained => here <=

For your actual issue the community's Skype FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 17, 2017 Question:How can I troubleshoot simple Skype for Business, LYNC or Office365 issues?

Resolution: Have a look => here <=

The Adding a Favorite: section shows how to setup the correct logging to troubleshoot Skype Favorite issues.

In addition could you explain or simply add a Video on how you are trying to add this favorite?

The normal VoIP FAQ has this post here:

Jun 17, 2015 Question:How can I add  a Speed Dial to the Phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We have upgraded to the latest UC version and it's holding. Thank you.

However, I am no further along with my contacts issue. Yes, we have Office 365 and Skype for Business Online. Following Microsoft's instructions for adding an external contact to the phone's SfB contact list, I am able to add a contact name and phone number. If I'm logged in to the SfB app from my laptop on the phone's account, it's listed correctly.

However, on the Trio 8800, it comes over as just the phone number - no name. So we end up with a bunch of phone numbers but we don't know whose is whose.

The Adding Speed Dial article does not have the Trio 8800 (and there don't appear to be any speed dial options for the Trio), but trying to add a contact from the phone side first does not allow for names either. 

As far as Troubleshooting by going to the logs, I'm not sure what I'm looking for. 

HP Recommended

Hello @GKR,

The FAQ instructions should be self explanatory and as already mentioned you could post a movie clip showing what you are doing on the Trio.

The next step after this would be to contact your Polycom reseller.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.