Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

All my VVX600 roll back to 5.6 after upgrading them from the Polycom hosted hosted servers

Visitor

All my VVX600 roll back to 5.6 after upgrading them from the Polycom hosted hosted servers

Has anyone else experienced this?  We just switched off Mitel and onto O365 SfB voice, so I have around 50 new VVX600 units that I updated to 5.7.1 and 5.7.2 (even one to 5.8.0).  They all show an "update" available, and roll themselves back to 5.6 after being on for about 20 minutes or so.  This the breaks the BTOE connection to the BTOE 3.7.  What can I do to stop the rollback?  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: All my VVX600 roll back to 5.6 after upgrading them from the Polycom hosted hosted servers

Hello @RElliott,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's Skype for Business contains these posts here:

Feb 02, 2016 Question:How can I prevent a Polycom VVX Business Media Phone to be downgraded / upgraded automatically via Skype for Business and/or Office365?

Resolution:For LYNC please download, unpack and import the attached LyncProvisionDeviceParams. For Skype for Business Online / O365 please set the EnableDeviceUpdate to false as explained => here <=

Aug 01, 2017 Question:Why am I unable to activate BToE using a VVX phone and Skype for Business Online?

Resolution: Some parameters are provisioned via Skype for Business online as explained in this post => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee

Re: All my VVX600 roll back to 5.6 after upgrading them from the Polycom hosted hosted servers

Microsoft will push device updates to your phone automatically when it is registered to Skype for Business Online in Office 365.  But as Polycom releases newer software with new features those updates are not readily available through that service as Microsoft maintains the last-qualified version on their servers.  So your recently manually upgraded phones are reverting to the older version that is provided by the server.

For this reason it is recommended to disable device updates and manage them through a different process.

More details on this as well as how to disable the updates can be found in this article:

http://blog.schertz.name/2016/07/device-updates-with-skype-for-business-online/

-
Jeff Schertz - Microsoft Solutions Architect [Blog]
Message 3 of 3