Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Alternative way to Log into Polycom VVX 310

Occasional Visitor

Alternative way to Log into Polycom VVX 310

Hello,

We are currently using Skype for Business with Polycom VVX 310 deskphone.  We can log into our Skype for Business accounts on these phones, but I am wondering if there are any alternate ways to log into the phone without having to manually input the letters/characters onto the phone physically?  

I believe BToE allows for this but requires for the phone to be physically tethered to the computer.  Are there any other options besides this?

Thank you for your time.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Alternative way to Log into Polycom VVX 310

Hello TNguyen,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's Skype FAQ contains this post here:

Sep 30 2014 Question:Can I sign into LYNC using the Web Interface?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3

Re: Alternative way to Log into Polycom VVX 310

You can use pin authentication.  This is much faster typically and allows admins to deploy phones without knowing user passwords.

I'd suggest reviewing Jeff Schertz' article for setting this up: http://blog.schertz.name/2010/12/configuring-lync-server-for-phone-edition-devices/

And you can see it in action a bit in this article (though an older UCS):

http://blog.schertz.name/2012/12/polycom-qualified-lync-phones-pin-authentication/

Message 3 of 3