Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am looking for a feature which logs a user out of a Polycom phone when they log out of the Lync 2013 soft client, when paired using BToE.

We have multiple helpdesk users needing to log in and if a previous user leaves themselves logged in to the phone then it makes the process a lot harder

I have tried using the feature "feature.lyncbtoe.auto.signin.signoff.enabled="1" but this doesnt work.

If you could please point me in the right direction

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello Ruspy,

there is a typo in the BToE parameter as it should be 

feature.lyncbtoe.autosignin.signoff.enabled

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

just to add I am using a VVX 500 with UCS 5.0

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I was really opitimistic when I saw your correction but then when I have tried feature.lyncbtoe.autosignin.signoff.enabled="1"  the phone remains logged in with the user's account when signing out of Lync 2013 desktop client

I am using UCS 5.2

Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello Ruspy,

the next step is to raise a Support Ticket with Polycom via your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen,

It appears the feature doesnt work well anyway looking at some of the notes on 5.2

HP Recommended

Hello Ruspy,

which way have you tested the feature?

• Disabled BToE application
    or
  • Removed Cable from PC port

Both of the above should trigger the signing out.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

I am having the same behaviour as Ruspy above, signing out of Lync doesn't seem to be enough to trigger the automatic BToE signout.

However, when we disconnect the Lync client, we still get a message on the VVX saying "Better Together connection desactivated", so the VVX CAN see when the Lync client disconnects, why isn't this disconnecting the phone too ?

On another note, exiting the BToE application or removing cable/shutting down the computer does indeed signout the phone.

Is this behaviour of not disconnecting the phone on Lync signout intentional ?

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended
Hello Mickael

Could you kindly work with your local French Polycom Sales Engineer to bring this to our attention?

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi,

i am having the same problem on my VVX600.

i am running firmware 5.4.0.5841 and i have enabled the following in the configuration file:

feature.lyncbtoe.autosignin.signoff.enabled = 1

I have approx 20 handsets. most sign out when the user signs out of windows but 3 handsets do not

did you raise a support ticket?

thanks

jack

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.